DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on my drive home there were various hills that were not very steep but they were long hills. Going 65mph it would drop down to about 50 mph. It gave a sluggish sound like it was fighting to keep a constant speed. But heres the thing if i used my cruise control it was fine, once my mph started to drop it would drop a gear and stay at a constant 65. When i wasn't using my cruise control i tried giving it more gas, slowly pushing the gas pedal all the way and still no change. 50pmh was the constant speed. No check engine, plugs have almost 70,000 on them, new fuel pump, and cold are intake. not sure if the wires and coil packs were down. Going to find out tonight.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Electric gas pedal? Only difference between cruise and your foot. Not sure what year if any uses one.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

·
Formerly Hemi1569
35 Posts
It is a cable up until below the battery. Then it starts to work off of a 5v signal up to the etc. Cruise or not, your throttle cable is still being used...
If it were me, I would reset the adaptives...unhook the battery (both cables for 10 mins) and touch the cables together, then go out and slam that pedal down. These trucks have a mind of their own sometimes.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
also, change them plugs, they are cheap enough..also take off and clean throttle body. reset throttle pedal (turn key to on position, not start, slowly depress pedal to the floor and hold there for a count of 15 seconds, slowly release pedal, turn key to off position)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This weekend if i have time i'm going to clean the throttle body, it could very well be that. I remember seeing come discoloring when putting on my cold air intake but thought nothing off it. I read that if you touch the butterfly valve it could possibly mess it up to but ill be extra careful. It still runs and drives fine but still not getting the power when i'm driving uphill, just deceleration. I was told that its possible i could have gotten water in my gas from filling up at a station. I did fill up when a tanker was there a few times. Going to look into the spark plugs as well. Im currently on base so its a real pain in the ass working on my truck vs when i was home and had a garage. Thanks for the responses!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.