DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control cuts off at 70 mph. I was told this was a standard safety feature. You can't use cc over 70 mph. Is this true??

DHR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Well, I normally cruise at 72-73 mph with my cruise control on so I don't think it's true, at least it isn't on my truck. Who told you this?
Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ram4Pick said:
Who told you this?Jim
Service rep at Chrysler customer service, when picking up truck from a visit.

DHR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
i had mine set at 95 for an hour straight and did not have a problem. I know that my wifes car will not set above 90 though. If they do its not on mine for sure...I got a ticket with it set at 84 as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
I usually set mine to about 82 without issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
yup, mine works all the way up to about 90 with no problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
I have an 04 and my cruise still works at 70-75MPH. I don't drive faster than that( max speed here is 65 and MPG suffers BIG time much over 70 )but it works fine for me at those speeds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Dixie Hemi Ram said:
My cruise control cuts off at 70 mph. I was told this was a standard safety feature. You can't use cc over 70 mph. Is this true??

DHR
Have you had new tires/gears installed and had someone (or yourself) adjust the pinion factor to show the correct speed on the speedo? If so you need to make sure that the pinion factor was changed in both the main computer and the CAB module.

Cruise cutting off at 70mph is a good sign this is the culprit. Hope this helps

-MD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
That does not make a lot of sense. Here in Colorado Highways have posted speed limits of 75 same with a lot of western states. Some thing is off on your truck.
 

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
Joined
·
5,089 Posts
mine works at 85 with the 38's on it

call bs on the red lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bose318 said:
Have you had new tires/gears installed and had someone (or yourself) adjust the pinion factor to show the correct speed on the speedo? If so you need to make sure that the pinion factor was changed in both the main computer and the CAB module.

Cruise cutting off at 70mph is a good sign this is the culprit. Hope this helps

-MD
Yes. I had the dealer recalibrate for 20" tires. It came with 17" tires. LOL @ them flat out lying to me.

I'll have to call BS on them.

DHR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Dixie Hemi Ram said:
Yes. I had the dealer recalibrate for 20" tires. It came with 17" tires. LOL @ them flat out lying to me.

I'll have to call BS on them.

DHR
Well it is quite an easy mistake. My Dad (35+ year Dodge Mechanic) made the same mistake on mine when I went to 33". I wouldn't stress it too much. Just ask them to make sure they changed the pinion factor in both places. Takes all of 2 min to do.

-MD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
85 with no issue..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bose318 said:
Well it is quite an easy mistake. My Dad (35+ year Dodge Mechanic) made the same mistake on mine when I went to 33". I wouldn't stress it too much. Just ask them to make sure they changed the pinion factor in both places. Takes all of 2 min to do.-MD
Well, If they told me, "Sir, we don't know why this is happening, but we'll try to find out" as opposed to "They all do this, it's a built in safety feature that comes standard on all 04 Dodge trucks", then I could understand. One statement is honest, the other is a flat out lie.

They even told me today that they updated the computer in both places, and it's still doing it, and he told me that it says in the manual that it cuts off at 70 mph.

Now if he's telling the truth about this "manual", then fine, but I think I'm getting BS'ed here.

DHR
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,902 Posts
My cruise control doesn't work until I get to 32, but will work all the way to 100.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Your getting hosed. I have no problem setting my cruise at higher then 70mph. Most the time it is set at closer to 80mph. I don't remember seeing that in the manual either.

I would tell them to show you were it says that in the manual and then maybe call DC as well and complain. If you can, maybe check with another dealer and see what they say.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top