Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DT Help please!
04 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad 4x4 with 92k miles
started overheating on a camping trip while we were going up a steep trail in 90+degree summer weather.
1. replaced thermostat
2. ran BlueDevil thru radiator
3. replaced radiator cap (found white goo on it).

what do you think it might be?

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
clogged radiator.

cheap to replace, ~$140

easy to replace.

to test, remove hoses, put a water hose on the top connector and watch the flow spill out the bottom. It'll be less then what your putting in, and eventually it'll overflow from the top, where you have the garden hose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill see bout giving that a shot soon... here are some pics i took, anyone know why that hose would be squirting water, there are not holes or tears on it, also the thick bottom hose coming from radiator seems to have something sturdy inside it, i was sqeezing it and there seems to be something there, am i tripping or is it clogged?

·
+ Hemi Addict +
580 Posts
thanks ill see bout giving that a shot soon... here are some pics i took, anyone know why that hose would be squirting water, there are not holes or tears on it, also the thick bottom hose coming from radiator seems to have something sturdy inside it, i was sqeezing it and there seems to be something there, am i tripping or is it clogged?
That hose looks like either power steering or transmission cooler lines (i don't remember which one)....the lower radiator hose probably has a spring inside, it stops the hose from collapsing. Tell us more about this white goo on the bottom of the radiator cap....it sounds like someone might have used some stop leak in it, it could also be oil but if that was the case you should also have coolant in the crankcase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.