DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 with 60000 on it. This morning when my Wife took it to work it was in 4-lo because of the snow. She shifted the control knob back to all wheel and it stayed in 4-lo (4-lo light blinking)on her all the way to work (12 miles). Is this under the 7/70 warranty?
Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Brian Harrison Twp, MI :huh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04 Durango

Did she slow to 2-3 MPH while coasting, and put it in nuetral so it can shift out?

Thanks for the reply! She just tried putting in park not the neutral thing but at lunch she is going to try it. My son left in in 4-lo. I don't think we ever used it before.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Try shutting off engine and starting it in awd...

Try backing up in reverse for 10 yards...

Try it in Neutral (but that should not make a difference!)

Let us know what works!

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
If it's like the 06 you have to be in neutral to switch in and out of 4LO. 12 miles in 4LO doesn't sound like a good thing. Especially on dry hard pavement. :eek:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea dont drive it on dry pavement in 4LO or 4LOCK!!!! Your drivetrain wont like that at all! Yea x2 for what these guys are saying. I have an 04 myself, so when i switch in and out of 4LO, i just put it in Neutral, and then switch to AWD. It blinkers for like 2 or 3 seconds and then it goes away. Try to switch it into 4LOCK first if that doesnt work, and then AWD. You can coast at 2-3mph and throw it in Neutral and then do it, or you can just put it in Neutral at a stand still, either way wont matter, ive done it both ways.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
heh this reminds me of the time I thought my 4lo was buggered cause I couldn't get to go to 4lo... then I remembered... gotta do it in N.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just discovered how amazing 4LO is. I love it!! Last night and the day before i took it up this snowy/icy mountain thats a construction site on hold i guess. You barely have to press the gas, it moves on its own. And then when you wanna try to climb down a snowbank or back down the hill, no matter how steep, you dont have to press the brakes, it'll hold itself at no more than like 2-5mph without you doing anything. Pretty cool discovery. My friends 08 pathfinder does the same, so im assuming all 4Lo's do it and i just didnt know lol

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
yes that is the point of 4lo, you're not supposed to go very fast in 4lo, I think top speed is 30km/h

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
Owner's Manual says 25mph (40km/h)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
ehh I was close..

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
Good guess