DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed K&N's fipk aircharger on my 04 durango. Wonder if anyone can help explain a problem. When I get on the gas I seemed to have lost the low end torque it had stock air filter. Also when I kick it down at 60 mph it does not jump like it used to. I was told that the torque is still there but that it has moved up the power band.? Also I was told that the reason for the slugginess is that the stk air hat held air and when you floored it you had all that air right there. now it has to suck all the way from the filter. Any thoughts on these. Really feel bad I have lost the low end jump. Also will a magnaflow help solve this problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
not sure on the magnaflow.. that is what I was planning on using as well. If you ge it let me know how you like it.. as for the CAI did you diconnect your battery? I was told to disco the battery for 2 hours.. not sure if it really needs 2 hours but I did disco mine and could tell a difference. My D is much happier and I dont think I feel any lag in low end. and it roars at high end... lemmie know

·
Registered
681 Posts
There was a *lot* of engineering that went into the stock induction system, and to throw it away in leu of a big intake CAI kit may be false reasoning.

There was a very long thread on this on another board, and some people that spent a chunk of cabbage on different *performance* intakes gave up and went back to stock. For low end torque especially, taking into account of resonances and tuning can go a long way to building low end torque.

But, as usuall, I am the ney-sayer and have a tendancy to play the devils advocate in performace upgrades. I like to see real numbers on a dyno before I buy in to anything.

The speed density system of our HEMI's is not very good at accepting upgrades compared to a (IMHO) much better Mass Airflow type system. Any upgrades in breathing exercises should done in concert with re-programing, a bridge that to my knowledge has yet to be crossed.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i have the K&N Aircharger and Flowmaster American Thunder system that are made for our D's (see my sig for full mod list)..i sometimes get "bogged" down for lack of a better word when stomping on it at different mph ranges....no biggie to me because for the most part my D is a monster now...it roars at both ends and eats anything else in it's class alive on the road....stick w/ the intake....disconnect the negative battery connection though...for at least a few minutes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.