DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
06 4.7L 4x4
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am not home right now or i would just open up my back doors and see what size they are...the rear speakers in my truck. 04 dodge ram quad cab. its the normal speaker set up...the 4 speakers
i have on a website saying that they are 5.25 i have read some where else they are 6.5
???????????

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Either will work. I run 6.5 inch in mine.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Nothing as long as there not to deep. You can either drill new holes or use the three that are there if you tilt the speaker.

·
Hemi Elitist
273 Posts
almost everyone will suggest a 6.5 over the 5.25.

unless.....

you buy a crummy 6.5 as opposed to a high quality 5.25:nono

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I have an 04 with the Infinity system and my rear doors were 5.25's. I bought 6.5's and they did not fit. I had to cut MDF trim rings to make the 6.5s fit

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
He cut circles out of MDF (medium density fiberboard, available at any hardware store) so that he could mount them. My guess is they were either too deep and the MDF acted like a washer or the mounting holes dodn't line up and he used the MDF to adapt the speakers (i.e. he drilled holes in the MDF that lined up with the holes in the door and mounted the speaker to the MDF). Either way, they will fit with little to no extra work...

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Yeah, MDF. I had some around the house but as mlobits said, any hardware store or Lowes. The baskets of my 6.5s would not fit my doors. So rather than cut the door open I laid my 6.5 face down and traced around it and then cut that out and cut a half inch inside that. then I painted it black so you couldnt see it. I screws that to the door and run a bead of caulk around it and mounted the 6.5 in the trim ring.

Like mlobits said though, little work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.