DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2004 dodge ram 1500 with a v6, It cranks but wont start. We have changed the cam shaft sensor, the crankshaft sensor and now the ecm. but still wont start. Can anybody help me.
Also can anybody tell me what the Air Charge Temperature Sensor does on this truck .
thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
i got a 2004 dodge ram 1500 with a v6, It cranks but wont start. We have changed the cam shaft sensor, the crankshaft sensor and now the ecm. but still wont start. Can anybody help me.
Check for spark, fuel pressure and compression. Have you done a tune up?

Also can anybody tell me what the Air Charge Temperature Sensor does on this truck .
thanks
This sensor monitors the air temp coming into the engine for to alter the ignition timing and fueling.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Im sure you have some sort of OBD codes going on no?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i have check the fuel pressure , spark and everything else. Would this sensor cause it not to start. And it would this sensor not make the injectors pulsate.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you should start by checking for diagnostic codes. With modern cars/trucks it's a necessary thing since there are so many things that could be going on.

Did the truck run when you bought? Or was it bought as a non running truck?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes i have check the fuel pressure , spark and everything else. Would this sensor cause it not to start. And it would this sensor not make the injectors pulsate.
The truck should run if the senor is bad. It will just idle rough.
Does it have any codes like others have said? You keep mentioning that sensor which should throw a code if its messed up. Do you have an Android? You can get an OBDII bluetooth plug in and use an app on Google Play called Torque to read codes and have access to other readings. I don't have it, but I plan on getting it very very soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The truck should run if the senor is bad. It will just idle rough.
Does it have any codes like others have said? You keep mentioning that sensor which should throw a code if its messed up. Do you have an Android? You can get an OBDII bluetooth plug in and use an app on Google Play called Torque to read codes and have access to other readings. I don't have it, but I plan on getting it very very soon.
My brother has that for his 2010 Camaro SS, it seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya i have checked the codes and theres not any coming up. i can start it on starting fluid but as soon as it burns that off it shuts off. I have a brand new cen tech obd2 reader. The best one you can buy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have check the codes and none are popping up and yes it was running when i bought it, We filled up with gas, it ran for a min. then it just cut off and has started since. Changed the fuel pump ( holding at 60 pounds), change the cam and crank shaft sensor.

·
Ruthless Racing
362 Posts
Shot in the dark.....TB sticking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.