DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TEXAS BORN AND RAISED
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my '03 HEMI 4x4 (I LOVE IT BY THE WAY) and I have been looking at doing some upgrades (headers, programer, cold air intake, etc...) so I have been doing alot of product research. I have noticed that the 2003 HEMI comes up a lot on it's own and I was just wondering if someone could tell me what is so special about the'03 above all other models. Thanks.

·
???????
1,426 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk.It was the first year that they put the Hemi in the 1500 Rams.When do we get to see Pics? :D

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Made-In-TX said:
I recently got my '03 HEMI 4x4 (I LOVE IT BY THE WAY) and I have been looking at doing some upgrades (headers, programer, cold air intake, etc...) so I have been doing alot of product research. I have noticed that the 2003 HEMI comes up a lot on it's own and I was just wondering if someone could tell me what is so special about the'03 above all other models. Thanks.
Welcome Aboard! The 03 HEMI is special b/c it is the only year with the old computer. The 04 and up have the NGC computer. Us 03 guys, have the torque management completely separate, which is good, but we don't seem to have the same luck with programmers and such.
The doc..... :cool:

·
TEXAS BORN AND RAISED
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome and definately thanks for the information. When you talk about bad luck w/ the programers, what do you mean? Would getting the Superchips 3715 be a wast of money? I plan on getting some pics up in the next week or so.

·
452 Posts
Welcome to DT! :dtrocks:

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...it's not a question of whether it is a waste of money...it's just the 3715 doesn't have the functionality of the 3815 (for 04-05)...alot more things a person can adjust on the 3815's...

·
???????
1,426 Posts
dr.porsche said:
Welcome Aboard! The 03 HEMI is special b/c it is the only year with the old computer. The 04 and up have the NGC computer. Us 03 guys, have the torque management completely separate, which is good, but we don't seem to have the same luck with programmers and such.
The doc..... :cool:
Well I learned something new today. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.