DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, trucks been parked for awhile till i get my tranny fixed (slips pretty bad) so in the mean time i removed the silencer ring and i figured i'd take it for a drive to see how it sounded, (still can make it around the block no problem with the tranny) but it wont start.. guage shows 13 or so, everything comes on like it should, but it doesnt turn over, doesnt even try. everything looks like its plugged in, i havent tampered with anything else, whats the problem??

·
Registered
852 Posts
Have you tried putting it in Neutral insted of Park and trying to start it. Sometimes that works... Since you are having tranny problems, that could maybe relate to it not starting in park...

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Does the LP run when you turn the key on? You may have a bad ignition fuse....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah fuses are good. lift pump comes on. well some pump comes on anyway.. just turn the key and absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesnt start in neutral either, tried boosting it and doesnt make a difference, didnt think it would, lots of juice.. no command start or alarm on it.. can a guy turn the ignition on several times in a row to check codes like the older models?

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
Yes you can do that to check the codes. I would check the battery cable going to the starter. It may have corroded up so that it's not making good contact. Either that or the starter may be dead! Check all the battery connections....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.