DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to eat with some friends saturday night before our homecoming dance and when I pulled in notice one of the girls in our group came with this guy driving a 03 cavalier, bodykit, 17" rims, the whole 9-yards of rice. Got talking to him in the resturaunt to just to find out what he's got done to it. It looked sharp, but like I suspected, it was all show, no go. Header and CAI were his only mods. At least it was a stick. Anyway, him and one of his friends (also the date of one of the girls in our group) start talking to each other and i find out they make a habit of lining up on the main drag through town and catching stoplights to run each other. This other guy drives a cavalier as well. I pretty much stayed out of the conversation, but when we were about to leave they wanted to drive up and down the main drag a couple times before going to the dance. As one of the guys got into his Crapalier he called out to the other guy "dont cry if I beat you in pink" (he was wearing a pink dress shirt :huh: ). I called out to them both, "dont cry when a neon beats you both."

First light they caught i was behind them, and had I layed on it wouldve rear ended them they were so slow. I waited, letting them take off first, shifted 1000-1500rpm early, and i still had to wait 2-3 seconds between gears, just coasting so i would run them over! The next light they caught i didnt even bother, but then I got in front, led them up to a light and the kitted cavi rolls up next to me (the guy w/ the header and CAI, 03 MTX). I told him not to feel too bad, but he was about to get owned by a neon. I stage at 4000rpm, light turns green and i launch hard, tires spin a bit and I floor it as they grab. He disappears from view as i pull on him hard right of the line. I slam second and then let off, glancing at my speedometer it reads 50-60 and the Cavy is way back in my rearview, I didnt even count the car lengths, but it was more than 5 for sure, possibly 8 or so. I threw on the hazzard lights just to rub it in. :D

At least they were cool about it, complimenting my SRT exhaust and things of that sort. I almost feel bad for embarrassing him in front of his date... Almost.

·
Registered
230 Posts
hehe i love when people think cavies are fast lol

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Good Kill Rice!!!! I bet the two cars combined wouldn't have enough power to out run a Neon! LMAO! Did the two cars tie or was one faster than the other with his mods? LOL I remember someone getting on me for picking on a cavi becouse I knew they were slow. LOL I want to test out one of the Cobalts and see if they are quick. I imagine the SC version might take me out N/A.LOL Maybe?

sleeperrt said:
hehe i love when people think cavies are fast lol
Like the guy that used to work down there with you? He thought that he had 220 HP form a header and exhaust! LMAO!!!!!! I always just listened to him and then went to my car and laughed at him!!! To think he got almost 100 hp from the CAI and exhaust.
He may have had 99 HP at the wheels. Atleast the car sounded fast! LOL

·
HoodooGuru
1,586 Posts
Don't feel sorry for taking em out. They were the ones that talked the talk first!
You shouldn't talk urself or ur car up unless u got what it takes!
My dad was actually shocked by how my neon goes, and hes an ex rally driver / navigator!
Gotta love these little ol 4 bangers!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hoping to have the bottle installed by next spring, then I'll be able to teach lessons to more than just those slow cavies. Hoping to show up some mustangs and maybe a stock SRT-4 or two. I'll save the spray for the track though, I'm not big into racing on the street, its dangerous and law enforcement seem to frown on it....

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
People who actually have FAST CARS always save it for the track! UMMM LMAO YEAH RIGHT!
hmm!
1983 Chevrolet Cavalier 13.1 19.1
1983 Chevrolet Cavalier CL Type-10 12.3 18.6
1985 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 9.5 16.9
1986 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 8.5 16.7
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 8.3 17.3
1995 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 10.9 18.0
1996 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 8.3 16.1
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Conv. 8.7 16.8

1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe 8.0 16.2
1996 Dodge Neon Highline 9.1 16.8
1998 Dodge Neon R/T 7.5 15.9
2000 Dodge Neon R/T 7.7 16.4
2000 Dodge Neon ES 8.8 16.9
2001 Dodge Neon R/T 7.6 16.1
With Numbers like these how can you pick on a Cavi? LMAO Almost a Whole sec in all models. Thats a 100 shot of Nos!!!! If they want to keep up LMAO. :Thtfnny

·
Registered
230 Posts
Would you beleave that he bought a new cavie and actually thinks its way faster than his old one. there the same car but his new one has a body kit and newer rims lol and a short throw lol you should hear the stories lol

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
sleeperrt said:
Would you beleave that he bought a new cavie and actually thinks its way faster than his old one. there the same car but his new one has a body kit and newer rims lol and a short throw lol you should hear the stories lol
I got a good laugh everytime we talked about his car. 220 HP WTF??? I bet he thinks it will out run our neons too. Is it the Ecotec or whatever? If it is it's a tad faster.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i know it wont he cant go over 109 hehe its called a shit-tee LIMITER haha we dont have one so i always pick on him and say man " ill hit 110 and fly on by it and hit 125 buy the time u turn ur car back on and smoke ur ass from take off to shut off baby " o my he gets pissed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.