DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting p0122 po123 po118 po205 p1478 po508.

Car runs poorly. Stalls. Some blueish smoke.

Replaced tps sensor.
Wondering if there is a problem in the 5v circuit. How would i test.
I noticed that with the key on the plug for tps had voltage to 2 different spots out of the 3. Shouldnt it only have voltage to the hot and nothing to the ground or the return since its unplugged?

·
Registered
667 Posts
The pcm might be sending out what's called a bias voltage on the signal circuit. It's a common self testing method done by the pcm. I'll look at a wiring diagram after work and see what I can offer from here. Does at least one of the wires have 5 volts at the tps connector?

EDIT Which engine does the van have?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I did some research and it should have slapped me in the face the first time I read your post. You'll want to pull your wiper tray assembly out so you can do a good visual inspection on the fuel injector sub harness and the connector it plugs into over the transmission. Look for it where it comes out from under the intake plenum near the back of the engine and follow it for about a foot. That part of the harness goes toward the driver's strut tower. Check the wiring on both sides of the connector, too. That part of the harness sits too close to the exhaust crossover pipe between the manifolds and the harness has a strong tendency to melt down over time and short out wiring in that area. IIRC, the injector sub harness also has the wiring for the TPS and the IAC. Now, all those codes at once should make more sense to you.

The model year and P0205 alone should have tipped me off as to what was likely happening. P0205 is an injector circuit code. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the control wire was shorted to a ground circuit . That would leave the injector on full time and let fuel blow right through the cylinder and that's where your smoke is likely coming from. Once you get this diagnosed and fixed, you'll also want to get an oil change done right away.

The injector sub harness is available from the dealer, but it's in the neighborhood of $275-$300. The OE part number is 4868408AC if you want to do your own price shopping or cross referencing. If you can confirm melted wiring is the problem, I would recommend you spend the money on the new sub harness and get a pigtail kit for the other side it connects to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts