DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a good night for me. I ran my 05 Dodge Ram Daytona vs a 03 Dodge Ram.
I lost both runs. I have a knn filter and superchips. He has just flowmaster exhaust and filter. I ran 93 ocatane about 1/8 tank. I staged up at 1100 rpm's I beat him, the second time off the line, but top end he edge me out. We used the 3 horn honk to start the race. Not the best method but it works. So the 1/4 mile time was 15.57 on the programer, I think I beat him in the 1/4 but we agreed on a further up point and he edge me out the last few feet. I was ahead by my front fenders then he blew by me like I was sitting still. I also raced a ford 5.4 with big tires. He beat me off the line but at 60mph I left him behind.

Im very novice when it comes to racing, but I really thought I should have done better against the other ram. I have a 4x4 slt quad cab, he was a 4x2 slt. Does the flowmaster exhaust give him better top end? Ya I know it breathes better, but damn I put too much hype on the superchips. Lesson learned. Well atleast I beat the ford, I think Im gonna home and sob and suck my thumb and do my home work. Can you say MOD TIME. Gotta pay to get my bragging rights back. Well I would love to here everyones thoughts on this story. Yes you can even laugh if need be, but damn it sucks losing. I had loser lunch twice last night.

Please reply with thoughts, mods, laughs, etc...

·
The Doc
302 Posts
He's 2WD and you're a 4WD. Nuff said.
The Doc.....:)

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
dr.porsche said:
He's 2WD and you're a 4WD. Nuff said.
The Doc.....:)
What he said ;)

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
what they said.... and a bag of chips on the side :)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
2wd.... 4wd... big difference in weight. I assume he's also a QC?

Also... it seems the 03s were a stronger motor as well. Well, at least the early 03s were...

·
Registered
936 Posts
The depends on what you consider a stronger motor...ya mine feels a little peppier up high then my dads 05 hemi, but then again his doesnt sound like a grandfather clock because of crappy valve lifters.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Does the 2005 Hemi Magnum engines use MDS, I know for sure that the 2003 motors do not use the cylinder deactivation system.

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No MDS on mine I have 2005 dodge ram daytona quad cab slt 4x4
he had a 2003 dodge ram quad cab st or slt 4x2, I want to know the weight difference between the two trucks.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Weight difference of almost 400lbs. It's not just a weight difference however the 4wd system will cause more drivetrain loss as well.

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
about 500 lbs i think.. does he have 20's?? get some exhaust it will help up top..

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok Im not feeling like loser lunch anymore, thanks guys! Hp to weight ratio. But losing still sucks. Well time to work some holidays and and some overtime, I gotta sup up my truck. Some of the dodge talk members got mod list a mile long. Time to join the ranks. Im new to all this truck stuff, but damn it is addicting and fun.

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes he has 20's and so do I. Yeah exhaust is at the top of my list of things to do. I like flowmaster but Aero turbine 3030 doesnt sound half bad either.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I've run my 03 QC vs an 05 QC Daytona and won before. I thought the 03 was supposed to be worse (smaller injectors and such) but I won when I tried it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think the 03 and 05's have the same injectors, but I know for sure the fuel pump in the 03's doesnt pump as much pressure as the 05.

·
the sky is the limit
1,311 Posts
03's are naturally faster :D
im telling you. it is almost proven. just not scientificly.
i believe that since the daytona has the superchip running performance tune, it just about evens the race out... most say superchips is proven .3-.4 tenths. they also say every 100lbs is a .1 so if you are 400lbs heavier but are running the chip, theoretically, it is the same race. 03's are just faster :D :D :D ask MATT! And the Jimmy guy withe the 03 quad cab 4x4 with an intake and muffler running like 15.0 flat

·
BlackMamba50 VTCOA
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I have a long journey ahead in order to get my SH&% talkin privies back. I've been catching all kinds of hell at work, but that's half the fun. Redemption shall be mine. One guy with a dodge diesel ask me if I wanted to race him so I could feel better. HA HA! Well gotta work that OT to pay for my new addiction, I will try and make a video of the redemption race. I need sometime to make some cash flow. Thanks to everyone who wrote in. I am motivated now!

·
Registered
123 Posts
You should have raced him in 4x4 off the line. Then you would have a huge advantage. Then at about 60 mph push it out of 4x4. He will never catch you. And 15.5 is the best you can do. My Cummins would smoke you

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.