DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 03 1500 4x4 and I'm currently looking into leveling out the front end. I've found some torsion keys that will give me 2" max lift made by both Rough country ($99) and by ReadyLift ($240). I can't seem to find a difference in the product other than price. Which would you purchase? Also if I level out the front end will it require longer shocks? Or will stock suspension cover the extra distance? Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PUT NEW SHOCKS ON WHEN YOU LEVEL IT. Also get rid of the stupid stem mount where the shock mounts at the top. The brackets are like 20$-40$. Just search "stem to eyelet shock mount conversion bracket".

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have rough county keys and shocks, and in my signature are the correct part numbers to order.

I added a 1" body lift kit I make yet and well it sits nice and level but I do have a 1" black in the rear for some added in rake.

·
Dodge Ram Man
872 Posts
Just crank up the t-bar. Get an 18mm socket and go under the truck. There should be two torsion bars coming from the front to the back. Look at the end of them, the side towards the back of the vehicle, and find those torsion keys. Jack the front of the truck up where the front tires are off the ground, then turn those keys about 4 or 5 turns. Make sure you know how many turns you turn them for future reference. This does the same thing as a lift kit. You'll need an alignment afterwards. Unless you go above 2" then I doubt you'll need new shocks. I have my 02 4x4 leveled out simply by cranking these bolts. It does the same exact thing except it's free. With a kit you spend $100 on the kit, plus you have to mess with taking out the torsion bars and replacing the keys, then you still have to get an alignment. Just crank up those bolts and you'll be set. You'll still need the alignment but you won't need new shocks and you won't spend any other money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.