DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is no kit out there but from the looks of the IFS setup there is room to work with. I mean it seems feasable.

I have a 5" ProComp lift kit and a 3" body lift so plenty of room to work with over the wheels.

Both shocks could be mounted on a new support that sits higher (about 5" seems good) through the upper A arms. I need to do some testing but it seems both shocks would easily clear the arms during suspension travel.

The original bump stop is in the way but the procomp lift has it's own so I could just chop it off.

Then there is the mounting of the bottom of the second shock that is on the rear side of the truck. The lower arm is VERY thick where the shock should sit. I am sure that there is a way to attach it there without weakening the arm too much. Since there will be 2 shocks the force should be divided by 2 on the shocks mounting points right? How do you guys think it should be done?

Well let me know what you guys think about this. I know it wont serve a pratical purpose but damn will it look cool :rck:

Is there anything that flags up for you as a big no no about this whole dual front shock idea? ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.