DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 02 with 5.9 turns off everytime I stop after running for 45 minute or longer?? Everytime I come to a stop be it a stop light or sign or someone turning, if I have to come to a full stop the motor stops running. I check the oil its clean no white stuff. Runs fine other then this. Seem to be using more gas then before this start happening. Its been at the dealer going on a day and a half now. Its not showing any codes. It also starts right back up and as long as you keep your foot in the gas it will stay running. Anyone ever have this happen or have any idea what it maybe? Thanks for any help. Bob

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
Check your throttle body and the IAC motor. This was absolutely filthy on my 5.9l, took off the throttle body and cleaned it all out, removed the IAC motor, cleaned it, put it all back together....stalling went away, runs brand new!

This is the dirty culprit! It's located on the back of the throttle body, so you have to remove the throttle body to get to it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay Changed out IAC with a new one. Truck ran great for about an hour then after a short trip down the highway first stop light motor died again. And then everytime I stop there after. Any ideas what it maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.