Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Hey folks,
Just joined this site,really impressed...
Here's my problem...
Truck starts fine,after it warms up, it starts to stall
I changed the plugs, wires, cap.my next guess after reading up on it
That it may be an 02 sensor.I bought a new sensor and I am having a problem locating the old sensor,My truck is a 1984, 5.2 engine 4x4.
Any help would be awesome... : :help:

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
'84 Dakota?

Perhaps you mean '94?

In any case the O2 sensor will be located on the 'Y' pipe righ before the cat converter. You'll have to access it from underneath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the 02 sensor, truck runs great when cold.
as soon as it warms up, rpms drop, stalls and i have to 2-foot it just to get her home
any idea's?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
This sounds like a possible problem with the idle air control motor (IAC) or throttle position sensor (TPS).

Buy some carb. or throttle body cleaner and clean the throttle plates. Remove the IAC and clean the air passages with a small pipe cleaner brush...clean the IAC as well. It may easier to do all of this if you remove the throttle body and clean it on a work bench or something

That would be the first thing I would do before you start replacing a bunch of parts.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Take off the air hat, and the throttlebody would be right underneath that, as for the idle air control motor, and the throttle position sensor Im not quite sure , sorry

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Yep the old style throttle bodies look like a carburetor except that you'll see two fuel injectors pointing down into the venturi area.

The IAC and TPS are part of the throttle body, but can be removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,
I just replaced the TPS seems ok I hope the computer resets itself.
I also added some carb cleaner in gas tank and added fresh gas.
I sure hope it fixes the problem...
Thanks again guys
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.