DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if there is a rear rollpan available that will work with teh factory receiver hitch setup?

I cant seem to fine one and my rear bumper needs replacing, would prefer a rollpan of course...

TIA

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
No.

KB

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
I have the APC rollpan, and yes, you can trim it to fit around the receiver; however, the receiver will probably protrude through the rollpan more than you would like. Here's a pic to give you an idea (any excuse to post a pic...lol) Goodluck!

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Your receiver and the hitch tube would probably stick out of the rollpan more than inch. Would look like an exposed spine or something, protruding through skin. In other words, not too pretty. Streetscene has had hidden hitches on backorder for like a damn year. Theirs fits behind their rollpan.

KB

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
KB112 said:
Your receiver and the hitch tube would probably stick out of the rollpan more than inch. Would look like an exposed spine or something, protruding through skin. In other words, not too pretty. Streetscene has had hidden hitches on backorder for like a damn year. Theirs fits behind their rollpan.

KB
My point exactly...

·
Registered
253 Posts
well

I have a hitch on my 96 and all i did was cut a receiver or square tubing so its a little longer that flush weld a plate on it and mount my license plate to that! its real easy looks great and i get to keep my hitch!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Try it on your '04 and let us know how it works out. ;)

KB

·
Registered
253 Posts
ok

well i wasnt tryin to be a smart a$$ but apparently someone else was ;), if you must know my friend has a 02 and he did the same thing, his receiver is a litter different than how i explained he altered it to make it look better, so in essence i have tried it on my 04 and it looks just fine.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I am assuming he has an aftermarket hitch receiver? And I am a smartass, but I ask people if they rather I be a smartass or a dumbass. They tell me being a smart ass wins everytime! :) LOL <--- By the way, I am not calling you a dumbass, so don't take it like that. :)

I have seen what your talking about being done on a 2nd Gen. But I have never seen this on a 3rd Gen. Theres a local landscaper with a white quadcab 2nd Gen and he has a U-Haul hitch or something of the likes on his Ram. He also has a rollpan thats been modded to let the hitch bracket fit. It has a small vertical slit on each side midway between the end of the pan and the lic plate. This 1/2" wide by maybe 2" tall slit is where part of the bracket is exposed and sticks out maybe a 1/2". Then the square hitch tube opening required a small square shaped piece cut out the bottom of the pan. But I have yet to see this done on a 3rd gen. I know of a few guys that have made their own hidden hitches, like warrantykiller and a few that have the streetscene, like kykillerklown.

KB

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
^ how far out does that stick?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
95TsiAWD said:
When I find a stock bumper to replace my dented one Ill take pics from the back, side, and top to show how far the receiver sticks out.
Cool that will be nice,BUT most of us are aware of how far they stick out,just trying to find pics to show some of these guys who keep asking if they have to remove it for a roll pan is all.

·
Registered
908 Posts
i looked through my photos and i started taking pics after i removed the rear receiver bar.....sorry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.