DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to buy a car, and test drove an '02 Intrepid R/T 3.5HO car, which was very impressive.

It has the police package (minus the spot-lights and led's....plus re-painted black).

It has almost 100k miles, although the dealership has completed a 60 point inspection, put brand new tires on it, thrown in a 2 yr. / 30k mile warranty (warranty is 5-point engine coverage, as well as pretty much everything else...even free oil change).

I was very impressed by the speed and torque of this :rck: , as well as the control and braking.

I wondering if this vehicle with warranty is worth $8k? I would say that it is in excellent condition, minus the missing middle cupholder/console or whatever, as well as the ceiling console.

The engine has not been modified or had any settings changed in the computer since it has been released from the police force. Is this already "supped" up as good as it can get on the computer/engine side, or are there performance chips that would add even more performance to this interceptor?

Also, I cannot find anywhere on the whole internet where it will tell me whether or not the engine has enchancements that would ideally run better on mid or high octane gas....if anyone knows, I would be very thankfull!

Does anyone know where I can find the original "branding" emblems for this? Like the R/T for the back, as well as new Intrepid lettering for the trunk?

First post, so it wont let me add images in here...kinda cheesy...so if you have the time, please just put a "." where there is a space...and than use the same site addy, with the diff stock photo for the next 2. Thanks!

http www randashauto com/Stock/BR076-081.jpg
/Stock/BR076-084.jpg
/Stock/BR076-083.jpg

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
I would check NADA.com for the retail value. $8K seems a bit high. I just sold a very nice 01 R/t for $3500. The warranty is a plus.

As for the gas, you can run 87 octane all day and be fine. No need for the higher grades, although gas mileage is a little better.

On the badging, check Ebay...or moparpartsamerica.com...other than that its the boneyard, or if you want new ones, the dealer....but they are very expensive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
100 g for a 3.5 is not bad. if taken care of will last a long time. many here are putting in the 3.5 in place of the 2.7, but the price does seem just a bit high. try getting it for a lower price, I am thinking more like 6 or so. my 04 is in the 7's but I only have the 2.7 also, so I am thinking 6 maybe low 7 might be ok. and dont forget the goverment does take care of there cars usually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.