DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 Durango and the dome light is not working with the doors open. The light works when I hit the switch at the dimmer but not when you open the door. I have a clifford matrix rs2 alarm. I check that first. The dome light lead is not connected to the truck, and the alarm works when the door is opened or triggered. I check all the fuses and none of them were blown. It seems to me that the dome light is triggered by the central timing module. I don't know where the ctm is located. I've found that the 03's have a problem with their ctm's. Please help me get the light back in my truck.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
did they connect the alarm to the driver or passenger door ajar switches? they connect to the pcm, problably wouldn't work right with an alarm input lead

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the alarm connections are at the driver kick panel. It looks like a computer. It has a Motorola brand on it. The trigger connections have some diodes on them.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
the diodes are good on hardwired circuits but maybe the ctm is prob looking for specific voltages that the diodes still have an effect on. See if you can temp disconnect the alarm (does it have a multi-pin connection?) to check if the doors work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.