DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Here is my situation. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7, its 4wd.

Currently I have the Rancho 4" lift installed. (4" up front, 2" blocks out back)

I cranked the stock torsion bar bolts and made the front a total of 6" lift. The rear still sits at 2" (maybe 2.5") higher than stock.

I have a set of 4" blocks which I want to put on top of my 2" block and lift the rear a total of 6".

That will make the truck 6" and 6". But the front will then set lower. I do not want that so my question is could I buy 2" aftermarket torsion keys and get 2 more inches up front bringing the final lift to 8" - front. 6" back.

This is the setup: Front: 4" Rancho Lift + stock torsion tightened for 2" + aftermarket torsion keys for 2" = 8

And the 6" blocks for back. Is this possible?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Deff not. If your torsions are already cranked to 2" theres not any more room to go even with after market keys. If you could do that it would put a bind on your front end and would ride like crap. Just take your 2" block out and install your 4" and you won't have any issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what are my options on getting 8 inches out of the front? Its at 6 rite now. will I need a new lift kit all together? Do they make different torsion bars to do it? Imma newb to 4wd and ifs. my other cars were mustangs and trans ams before making the switch to trucks. So all i have done is lowered.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You can always get the PA body lift and just up your tire size and that will get you up in the air a bit. That will give you 3" more on the body and room for bigger meats. If you are planning for more offroad abuse, I'd look at a better lift to give you your height and hold up to what you will run it thru. Good luck, and post some pics.

·
Registered
964 Posts
To get 8" out of the front you would have to get a new kit. The highest the kits go is 6" though. There is no way to make your 4in kit into a 8in. Drop your front end down an inch and install a 3" body lift would be your best cheapest way to do it.

·
norms hemi ram
527 Posts
w keys u could maybe get 1" more on top of your 2" crank but it will ride like poopoo. i suggest put that 4" block in, take the 2" out. keep your crank and lift and installl a 3" body lift. then put some 38s on her. you'll be a big dog, itll look sick!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.