DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 dakota 3.9 and it only has 48,000 miles it was well taken care of, but it accelerates slow and it seems like it has no umph unless you really get on it. is there a way to improve this for not very much money?

·
Registered
285 Posts
The 3.9 is a six cylinder version of the 5.2, 318 which is no powerhouse itself
A good tuneup is the best place to start, might help quite a bit

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
A larger bored throttle body, High Flow air filter, exhaust. Those will get you rolling.

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
pakins said:
**** you yankee.

Well that is a GREAT way to get started here :whackit: . What are you in pre-school still??? You posted in the wrong forum, if you could read,there IS a Dakota forum.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
pakins said:
**** you yankee.
Consider this your only warning. With that attitude, you won't last a day on DT.

-------->>Moved to 2G Dakotas

·
Registered
197 Posts
Superchips woke mine up. It works pretty good on the 87 octane. Haven't tried the 93 setting yet. Model number 3715 for your year. It will run you about $250 on e-bay. Just make sure the old owner has set his truck back to stock before he sells it to you or it is worthless. What is nice about the tuner is that you can also pull codes, adjust tire size, rev limiter, and there is even a option for towing. Good Luck. I have the same truck. Take a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.