DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a nice set of 17" stock chrome wheels off of a 2002 Ram 1500. I'd like to put them on my 2001 Ram 1500, and I'm wondering if I will need anything special ? The only difference I can find is the 02' rims are 17" and use a 9/16 lug nut, while my stocks are 16" and use a 1/2" lug nut.

Would I need new lug nuts or should these rims work without any changes ?

Thanks

· Registered
25,139 Posts
You will need a 1/2" lugnut with a bigger mushroomed end on them for the wheel. They make them, My brother inlaw put newer 20's on his 98 and had to get them.

· Registered
182 Posts
you really dont need new lugs but it is nice to know you have the right ones...i have the factory 20s on my 2000 ram and i use the 1/2" lugs...i just torqued them down with a torque wrench and retorqued them the following day...i couldnt find any lugs with a bigger head on them so 4404sd...where did your brother get them???...cuz i cant find any aftermarket ones

-Jesse-

· Registered
25,139 Posts
4x4_guy said:
you really dont need new lugs but it is nice to know you have the right ones...i have the factory 20s on my 2000 ram and i use the 1/2" lugs...i just torqued them down with a torque wrench and retorqued them the following day...i couldnt find any lugs with a bigger head on them so 4404sd...where did your brother get them???...cuz i cant find any aftermarket ones

-Jesse-
Any good tire and wheel shop should be able to get them, the mushroomed end that meets the wheel is bigger.

· Registered
182 Posts
all the truck and offroad aftermarket shops and accessory shops and stores in kansas city cant get a hold of any and dont know who makes that size of lug nut...so i am at a loss and confused on how to get these lug nuts

-Jesse-

· Registered
25,139 Posts
4x4_guy said:
all the truck and offroad aftermarket shops and accessory shops and stores in kansas city cant get a hold of any and dont know who makes that size of lug nut...so i am at a loss and confused on how to get these lug nuts

-Jesse-
If I can remember I will call and get a brand and pt# tomorrow.

· El Cabron!
Black 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Lonestar
497 Posts
:metoo: Hey Dan, I would appreciate it, too. I want to have the right ones also. The stock ones look puny on my 22s.:eek:

· Paid Off!!
142 Posts
:lurk: Me too! I have the stock 20's on mine and have the same problem.

· Registered
25,139 Posts
Ok, Here is what I got fellas. Mr. Lugnut is the brand the part # is 54504. The lugnut has the same 3/4 hex head with a larger end to fasten your wheels.

· Paid Off!!
142 Posts
Hey Montano. I was wondering if you painted your bottom bumper cover yourself and if you did what did you paint it with? I'm thinking about doing the same to mine, just looking for a cheap way.

· Registered
25,139 Posts
Montano said:
No, I had it painted when the truck was painted. I think it makes the truck look 100% better over the ugly grey that was there before.
It would look 100% better if you did the grille and chrome bumper to match.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4404spd said:
It would look 100% better if you did the grille and chrome bumper to match.
I'm going for a black on red look. I replaced the grill yesterday with a black one. So now there is no chrome anywhere except the front and rear bumpers.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.