DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a special way to remove the rear rotors...... I have done plenty of these and my rear rotors will not budge. Not sure if they are held on by something or rust but I have tried everything and no luck... and info or help on how I can remove them would be great....... :help:

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
2 guys just posted about their rears being a sonofabitch to remove. LOL Basically a 4lb hammer and a piece of 2x4 will do the job. Bash them bad boys off.

KB

·
Registered
430 Posts
Make sure the emergency brake is not engaged. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your parking brake system is similar to a drum brake system. The drum part being the back side of the rear rotors. Look at the back side and you will see a black plastic plug just like on a set of drum brakes. If you have a brake spoon or a small flat blade screwdriver you can turn the adjuster and free up the rotor. You still might have to persude it a little but if you don't turn the adjuster you will have a real battle and risk tearing something up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Make sure the little washer lookin retaining clips are off. Just rip em off w/ some end-nippers/wire cutters. Also, as said before, release yer parking brake. Even if you have rear disk, there are brake shoes inside a drum on there for the parking brake and they have an adjuster just like the plain old drum brakes and you might have to back them off to get them clear of a ridge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Use a bar to pry it off. I just did the brakes for my neighbour last night on his car. Stick the bar from inside between the rotor and caliper (look there and use caution) and then pry. It comes off easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.