DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to find a used one for my silver '01 shortbed. Any ideas on where to look? I'm in the SF Bay area. Been looking at Craisgslist and doing some Googling.

Also, any thoughts on having one repainted vs just buying a new one?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
I bought a used one for my 98 ram for 300 bucks off ebay and it is a high top model. It is a completely different color, but to repaint it is going to cost almost as much as a new one would. So if your wanting it to match the color of your truck, your best to buy a new one. If your wanting a used one, expect to have to drive a while to get it. May check ebay and see what you can find on there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought one from a friend for $500 that needs to be painted to match my truck. It's dark green right now, and my truck it black. It shouldn't cost too much to repaint. It's just base coat/clear coat paint. I should be able to do mine for around $150 I'd guess, might be around $500 if I take it somewhere. I got a pretty good deal I think since the canopy when new was over $2000. Here's a picture of the style that I got.

Look in the local classifieds, and craiglist as you said. There's always a few of them on there in my area at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.