Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Computing Fool/Gadget Guy
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

I am looking for help on where to put my two amps for the 01 Durango.

I have two amps, one kx1200.1 which is ~22" long 11" wide and 3" high, the kx350.4 is ~16" long and the same dimensions as the other.

I also have a crossover which isnt large at all and a positive distribution block (I am running grounds directly to the frame.

I am soliciting where to put these guys, two places that are out of the question is in the well in the back (the 1200.1 is getting too hot under there) and the other is attached to the box (to easy to steal).

Here is my thought so far, I am thinking of rigging up a mounting base that is vertical, thereby the amps would be mounted next to the box in the back. The visual would be from left to right, amp mounted sideways (you would see the sideways profile) then the slot ported box, then the other amp mounted sideways.

The Fosgate HX2's require a sizeable slot ported box (I just put them in a slot ported from sealed, I like the spl better), so I have tried the back of the third row seat and everything was just too thick to fit back there.

I have a third row seat that I am hoping to not remove for the gear, but I am really running out of options.

Any thoughts???

I am going to link in the caraudio and possibly over at caraudio.com, I am waiting (again) for the kicker to come back (they didnt fix it the first time).

I REALLY appreciate any creative thoughts you guys have in figuring this out.

T

·
Registered
518 Posts
I got the HX2s as well and removed the third seat to fit them, I mounted the Amp on the backside of the box and it's pretty well hidden by the middle seats. Here are the pictures of how mine is set up:

·
Computing Fool/Gadget Guy
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not bad looking, but I really dont want to lose the third row, I have 4 kids and we sometimes use the durango (when the wife's van is unavailable)...

Also with the slot ported box, it is a little bigger than sealed so it takes up a tiny bit more space...

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
I'm not sure how "deep" your box is, but if you mount everything to the back of the box (or top if it's not going to fit), then make a pretty good trim piece to cover up everything except the fronts of the amps (would allow venting and add a professional install factor), then screw it all together real good - you would get rid of the "easy to steal" part (they'd have to either tear apart all the wood to get to the amps or pull the entire box - subs and all - out of the back). Obviously if someone sees subs like that in your ride they'll know you have amps and it will only take a matter of time for them to find them anyway.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
T, Sounds like you're on the right track with the amps vertical, why not velcro some thin material across the top of the rear section to block the view but air will still flow?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.