DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month (October 2022), I purchased 2001 T&C Limited for an around town beater to haul the kids. I knew it had a few things that needed to be worked out, but the body, engine and transmission were solid. So after saying all that, here is the issue:
I have the 3 zone automatic climate control on this van, and until 10 day ago, it worked fine. Then the blower stopped working. I found the power control module for the blower, and bought a replacement. when i got it, the connector part felt loose, but I installed it anyways. This was on 11/11/2022. The blower worked normally until 11/13, when the blower wouldn't shut off. Since I was nervous about the part to begin with, and it had a lifetime warranty, I swapped it out again on 11/14. This one worked correctly for a couple hours, but then the fan stopped working again. So I swapped it out again today. When I reconnected the battery, and turned the key to the on position, the blower started on high. After starting the van, and playing with the HVAC controller, the fan speed would not go down, even if I turn off the HVAC controller. The weird thing here is that regardless of where the air was aiming. when I shut off the HVAC controller, the air ends up being trapped in the dash. At this point I know the blower motor is good, and maybe the power control module/resistor is too. What am I missing to get my system to work appropriately? I know there is no one making the 3zone automatic temp controller. I had to call Dodge just to get a part (5005004AI). Should I risk a junk yard part, just to narrow down the possible causes?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: After calling around, I could not find anywhere that rebuilds or knows anyone that rebuilds the temp control console. so I ordered one off eBay, since that was about the same price as a blower motor, but way easier to install based on the YouTube videos. Installed it today with the hopes that the behavior would be different, but it wasn't. Blower still running on high all the time that the key is in the accessory, or on position, regardless if the actual control panel is powered on. (Insert frustration here)
So here is the question: if the blower has power all the time and the power module, or resistor, is supposed to suppress the grounding continuity, then is is the blower motor being grounded in a way that is unnatural, or is it designed to internally ground as it fails?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts