DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I ahve an 01 ram, 1500 4x4. my auto transmission will not shift from 1st to 2nd unless i take my foot off the gas at about 35mph. Nothing seems to be slipping and as long as I stay about 35 it shifts normally....but around town on 30mph roads is another story. This started happening after I replaced the crank sensor. Any help would be awesome. Also, are there any vacuum lines that could be the issue? I have also replaced the TPS recently but that had no effect.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
to Dodge Talk! It sounds like you have no second. (band anchor fell out?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it seems like there is a second gear, but maybe its running right up to third. I have read a couple posts with the 'band anchor' mentioned. Is there a link I can go to with pics of this? I just thought it was weird as soon as I change the crank sensor this happened. All help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
When it does shift at 35 MPH when you lift off the gas,,pull the shifter down into to 2nd and see if it goes to first. If it does you were in third and you have no second.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, after a test drive this is what i found. if i put the lever in 2 instead of drive, it shifts the same, and if i am in d, and let it shift, then put the lever in 2 it downshifts to 2nd, not 1st. so, in short it seems to have all gears, just doesnt want to upshift correctly

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
If you have to lift off the gas to get a 1-2 shift at 35 MPH,then I would say governor pressure solenoid,maybe the screens are getting clogged on it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will gove this a try....I also saw in other threads this is the part that gets modified with a 3/4" drill?? is there a link showing this modification and maybe the location of this piece on the tranny?? thanks!

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
once again...excellent....that was the thread i was thinking of. well, looks like i have my weekend project lined up now....let you know how it goes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.