DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I just upgraded my factory system, didn't really have extra money, so I just used speakers out of a friends old dakota. I put in 4 6.5" infinitys and modded my door panels to put in tweeters. The quality was improved dramatically over factory sound! But now the rear rattles at higher levels. I think the infinitys produce more bass and it is rattling the plastic interior. It is the extended cab by the way.

What can i do to reduce the noise and rattling?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no replies... maybe i need to put more details.

i drive a 2000 Dakota Ext. Cab. I have always had the Alpine head unit since I bought the truck. Last weekend I replaced the stock speakers with infinitis. I also added tweeters to the doors.

The doors have power windows, locks, etc. After removing the door panel, I noticed there were extra wires near the top of the door for extra speakers. I used those wires and an inline crossover to add the tweeters.

I don't have an amp yet. I had a 4 channel 600W Pioneer that someone gave me for free!! But it was so huge it didn't fit under the seat, I really couldn't find anywhere to fit it!

But the main problem is the rattling in the door panels, the bass that those speakers produce causes my door panels to vibrate and rattle. Very much annoying!

A second problem is that I can hear a very slight distortion out of the tweeters, I have never owned tweeters before so I'm not sure if that is normal without having an amp to power them. But when I turn the radio up higher, the distortion becomes very apparant...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.