post #1 of 71 Old 03-31-2012, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
SilverWagon05
Big Bubba

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Leaf springs.

Curious to see if anyone has swapped out their factory leafs for something aftermarket. I'm currently running a 3" block in the rear and looking to swap in new leaf packs, to eliminate the blocks, increase performance, and try to keep close to factory payload capacity. I've been talking with Atlas about custom built packs, which they seem to be able to do for a reasonable amount of $, compared to what I've found currently available. Please chime in about what you have, and/or your thoughts.

1) What do you have?
2) Why did you swap them out?
3) How do you like them?

05 Silver 4dr Power Wagon / Auto
Upgrades: 5" Pro Comp lift w/MX-6 shocks, HD Pro Comp adj. track bar, 37/12.5/17 Pro Comp Extreme M/T's, 17x9 Moto Metal 951 - black, modified Amp Power steps, Custom front and rear high clearance tube bumpers - black, rear lower quarter panel delete, Challenger Narrow truck box - black, AEM Brute Force CAI, SuperChips Flashpaq, Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-Back exhaust (shortened), Line-X Bed liner, Locker bypass, Black locking Billet Gas filler door, WeatherTech smoked inchannel vent visors & floor liners, Recon LED smoked Cab lights and 3rd brake light, Viair constant duty onboard air system, DT ProFab Steering Box Brace, PowerStop zinc coated, drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, Spicer Life series front axle u-joints, Moog (greasable) tie rod end link, Custom rock sliders, Rock crusher rear diff cover, Carli front diff guard, 2-6" KC 130w Longrange lights behind the grill, 55w floodlights mounted on rear bumper, High/Low/Fog all-on mod, JVC head unit, amplified MTX Thunderform box with 2-10" subs.
Up next...
Thuren, Carli or custom leafs, Thuren shackles, Thuren massaged Kings, headers, Carli or Dynatrac upper & lower ball joints, pocket flares?, snorkel, synthetic winch line, Thuren Extreme Steering, PSC Hydro assist.
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old 03-31-2012, 11:32 PM
MSparks909

1.) Carli Deaver progressive leaf pack. 1.5" lift from pack alone + Thuren's shackles that give you either 0, .75, or 1.5" of lift. Eliminated the lift block and took away a good amount of axle hop.
2.) Wanted to upgrade to a full leaf pack to compliment the rest of my suspension, eliminate some axle hop, and give better street manners.
3.) Very satisfied with the purchase. They make the ride in the back less choppy over chatter in the roads and they are smooth and plush off-road. Highly recommend Carli. Close to same load capacity (if not more) than stock. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go this route. Carli's leaf pack is tried and true and with Thuren's shackles you can choose from .75 or 1.5" of lift. I'm running mine on the middle hole (.75)" and with the springs this gives the rear of the truck a slightly higher rake than the front 4" lift.

06 Black QC G56, 76K miles and counting...
Thuren coils, tracbar, control arms, shackles, draglink, limit straps, towers, Stage 3 front King 2.5's, DBL Bypass rear King 2.5's, Carli leaf springs, Carli upper & lower BJ's and diff cover, PSC notched steering brace, 08.5 "T" linkage, PSC Extreme Duty Steering Box, Borgeson Lower Steering Shaft, Magnaflow muffler, Airaid Intake, American Racing ATX Thug 17x8.5, Yokohama Geolander AT/S 37x12.50x17, Rockcrusher rear diff cover, Airflow snorkel (fitted to Airaid full intake), Magnaflow y-pipe & Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, Go Recon Super White cab lights, EBC slotted rotors/Yellowstuff pads, winch thermal bypass & locker bypass, Pit Slave-modded SmartBar, greasable front u-joints, tint, JL Audio 12" subwoofer & JL Audio 500W amp with adjustable bass knob

Upcoming Mods:
Flowtech Headers, Line-X rocker panels/fender flares, eBay black mesh grill, DIY blacked-out headlights, Diablosport programmer, chopped rocker panels, tube bumpers F/R, Rigid Industries LED lightbar, axle truss, stiffer shock valving, VH tire carrier, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, Filtermag, Go Pro HERO 2
post #3 of 71 Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 PM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

I got the carli leafs and also love them. Got them from 8lug truck gear.

*Dark Nite*
2006 Ram 2500 CTD 4X4 QCSB Big Horn Black
Smarty Sr PoD-Pioneer P5000DVD-WeatherTech floor liners-Nerf Bars-LED tails and 3rd-Rok-Tek Grill-S&B Intake w/scoop-Isspro Performax gauges EGT, boost, trans temp, rail, fuel-Duel column mount pod-tri a-pillar pod mount-ATS intake horn-Cat delete-5in black chrome tip-roll up bed cover
*PROJECT HIATUS*
1998 Ram 1500 4X4 ECSB 360ci Magnum V8
K&N intake-PaceSetter LT header with custom 3in exhaust-Fiberglass 3in cowl hood-Open mouth grill-one peice Euro head light-LED tail lights-Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares-Ram head gas door cover-Access roll up cover-Bully tailgate lock-5in Skyjacker lift-1in topguncustomz coil spacer-Skyjacker duel steering stabilizers-BD Diesel Steering box brace-37in ProComp Xterrain tires-16x10 ProComp rims-ProComps lug nuts-Painted interior-underdash LEDs-Reverse glow gauges
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*
2009 Victory Hammer S Blue with white rally stripes
Victory Performance exhaust-Two person seat-detachable wind shield

Science & Evolution Club Member #4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 AM
azracer

I have the Thuren long travel and love them. They are as soft as OEM PW but are way more flexy than the PW OEM pack. With the Thuren shackles I have a level ride on while running on Carli progressive coils up front. I am very happy with my performance and like the .75 lift over a 1.25 lift. I get about 13.5" of rear wheel travel over the OEM 9.5" on a stock PW. It is possible with creative shock systems to get 17" on Thuren LT springs.

Thuren uses Atlas leafs and they seem to be a good quality spring pack. Carli/Deaver is the cream of the crop though when it comes to load capacity and sport ride and are made by the best in the business. Can't go wrong either way in my book. Thuren is more travel and Carli is more load capacity (in the simplest of terms).

PS: I get zero wheel hop on Thuren LT leaf springs with King 2.5" shocks.

Yes I did some mods to my PW... what about it?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
MSparks909

I'm still getting some wheel hop even with my Carli's and King 2.5's. Do you think it could be because I don't have a torque convertor to help absorb some of the throttle? That's all I can think right now. Because mine gas pedal is essentially connected to the rear wheels when I give it some throttle in deep sand she hops. Gotta be gentle on the throttle and put it in 4-hi.

Thuren coils, tracbar, control arms, shackles, draglink, limit straps, towers, Stage 3 front King 2.5's, DBL Bypass rear King 2.5's, Carli leaf springs, Carli upper & lower BJ's and diff cover, PSC notched steering brace, 08.5 "T" linkage, PSC Extreme Duty Steering Box, Borgeson Lower Steering Shaft, Magnaflow muffler, Airaid Intake, American Racing ATX Thug 17x8.5, Yokohama Geolander AT/S 37x12.50x17, Rockcrusher rear diff cover, Airflow snorkel (fitted to Airaid full intake), Magnaflow y-pipe & Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, Go Recon Super White cab lights, EBC slotted rotors/Yellowstuff pads, winch thermal bypass & locker bypass, Pit Slave-modded SmartBar, greasable front u-joints, tint, JL Audio 12" subwoofer & JL Audio 500W amp with adjustable bass knob

Upcoming Mods:
Flowtech Headers, Line-X rocker panels/fender flares, eBay black mesh grill, DIY blacked-out headlights, Diablosport programmer, chopped rocker panels, tube bumpers F/R, Rigid Industries LED lightbar, axle truss, stiffer shock valving, VH tire carrier, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, Filtermag, Go Pro HERO 2
post #6 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

carli flex

*Dark Nite*
Smarty Sr PoD-Pioneer P5000DVD-WeatherTech floor liners-Nerf Bars-LED tails and 3rd-Rok-Tek Grill-S&B Intake w/scoop-Isspro Performax gauges EGT, boost, trans temp, rail, fuel-Duel column mount pod-tri a-pillar pod mount-ATS intake horn-Cat delete-5in black chrome tip-roll up bed cover
*PROJECT HIATUS*
K&N intake-PaceSetter LT header with custom 3in exhaust-Fiberglass 3in cowl hood-Open mouth grill-one peice Euro head light-LED tail lights-Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares-Ram head gas door cover-Access roll up cover-Bully tailgate lock-5in Skyjacker lift-1in topguncustomz coil spacer-Skyjacker duel steering stabilizers-BD Diesel Steering box brace-37in ProComp Xterrain tires-16x10 ProComp rims-ProComps lug nuts-Painted interior-underdash LEDs-Reverse glow gauges
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*

post #7 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
avengerdude27

Send a message via AIM to avengerdude27
alcan makes a hell of a spring as well

2005 Power Wagon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mineral Grey Quadcab Auto, Heated Leather
Factory fog override, Lights behind grill, Rear led lights, Rockcrusher diff cover, 35" MTZ's, Locker Bypass, Twin Viair 380's with 6 gal under cab tank, train horns, SCT by Hemifever, PML deep pan, Flowtech Mid Headers, Magnaflow Y and Muffler, VIPER 791, Betterbuilt toolbox full of recovery gear

99 avenger 5 speed custom built turbo system(by me)12psi and methanol 245fwhp/233fwtq

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2002 Ram Quadcab Bright Silver 5.9
5.9 Gassers Club Member #5
post #8 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
azracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
I'm still getting some wheel hop even with my Carli's and King 2.5's. Do you think it could be because I don't have a torque convertor to help absorb some of the throttle? That's all I can think right now. Because mine gas pedal is essentially connected to the rear wheels when I give it some throttle in deep sand she hops. Gotta be gentle on the throttle and put it in 4-hi.
If I recall correctly the spring from Carli has the little rubbing pads at the end of the leaves and these pads create a little air space all the way back to the axle U-bolts (just like OEM PW). This design makes the spring smoother and quieter. But it also allows chatter (not full on wheel hop). So this is the trade off for using those pads.

My Thuren springs are metal to metal the full length and creak when they get wet or when the molly grease between them dries out. But I get zero chatter or wheel hop out of them. This design can also increase the spring rate through friction caused by a lack of lubrication and rust formation due to limited use in wet climates or high salt areas. As with anything there are trade offs for everything done differently.

Since I know you have bypass shocks, let me say what I found to work best for me is 2.5 on rebound and 4 on compression. Any more open than those settings can enhance the tendency for chatter. A standard 2.5" King will not get the same chatter as a bypass can when opened up too much. In theory 4&6 on the bypass valves is too much IMHO.

Last edited by azracer; 04-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.
post #9 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
MSparks909

Quote:
Originally Posted by azracer View Post
If I recall correctly the spring from Carli has the little rubbing pads at the end of the leaves and these pads create a little air space all the way back to the axle U-bolts (just like OEM PW). This design makes the spring smoother and quieter. But it also allows chatter (not full on wheel hop). So this is the trade off for using those pads.

My Thuren springs are metal to metal the full length and creak when they get wet or when the molly grease between them dries out. But I get zero chatter or wheel hop out of them. This design can also increase the spring rate through friction caused by a lack of lubrication and rust formation due to limited use in wet climates or high salt areas. As with anything there are trade offs for everything done differently.

Since I know you have bypass shocks, let me say what I found to work best for me is 2.5 on rebound and 4 on compression. Any more open than those settings can enhance the tendency for chatter. A standard 2.5" King will not get the same chatter as a bypass can when opened up too much. In theory 4&6 on the bypass valves is too much IMHO.
You are correct on the Carli's having those rubber pads in between the leaves. I would have gone Thuren but didn't want to have to add/remove the Timbrens every time I towed or loaded the bed down. I'll still probably get Timbren's for the heavy stuff but that's for another thread. But yeah these Carli's still get some pretty serious hop. It's not chatter I promise. I'll try adjusting the bypasses some more. I currently have them on 2.5 rebound 5 compression and gives me a ride similar to the OE PW springs/bypasses. I can try 4 on compression though and see what difference it makes.

Upcoming Mods:
post #10 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
silverhemidan
Silverhemidan

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
does anyone have the 4" ones
http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Dodge-S...Pack-p754.html

if so,do you get a full 4" out of them?

Silver Truck Club Member#127

2004 2500 Hemi - Off-Road Pkg.w/4.56's
6" Lift PP Long Arms/Coils/Bilstein 5160's/ Dynatrac free spin hubs/Dynaloc hubs/spicer axle ujoints,
Carli Ball Joints/Carli deaver 4" leaf springs/Thuren Shackles/Carli Long Travel Air Bags
37x12.5x17 Cooper STT's/XD Enduros
n-fab step bars with Line-X
MagnaFlow (#14329)/Superchips
20% tinted windows Don Thuren steering stabilizer True Flow CAI
Tonneau cover/Husky liners/4-channel Amp/
Rockford sub/ Panasonic HU/kenwood speakers Hella 500's behind grill/Wheel Liners/Bushwacker Pocket style flares/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Steering Box Stabilizer/steering upgrade,Carli Trackbar/ retrofit projectors,infiniti FX35 projectors,shaved,black matte paint,6k,from Unique Coatings.

post #11 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM
MSparks909

Some guys over on DTX are running those and IIRC they are getting 4" out of them to match the 6" lift in the front end.

Upcoming Mods:
post #12 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
reddot
I WISH I WAS GREEN

are those new? id dident think they made a full 4in spring for the 6in lifts... cool

*Dark Nite*
*PROJECT HIATUS*
*PROJECT BLUE THUNDER*

post #13 of 71 Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Skyd Ram
DodgeTalk Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot View Post
are those new? id dident think they made a full 4in spring for the 6in lifts... cool
They've been available for about 6 months:
http://www.8lugtruckgear.com/Dodge-S...Pack-p754.html

[/SIGPIC]2014 CCSB 2500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins
Pure Performance/BMF/Toyo Equipped

2005 RCLB Power Wagon 5.7 Hemi
Bilstein/Toyo

Official DodgeTalk Supporter

Authorized Dealer for:
Carli Suspension/Pure Performance Suspension/Bilstein Shocks
Dynatrac Products/BMF Wheels/MBRP Exhaust/AFE intakes and Exhaust/Smarty tuners

/H&S Performance/Flo Pro Exhaust/Edge Products

Call us Toll Free at: 888-886-2480

post #14 of 71 Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Wagonlvr
U got it Truck brought it

I have deaver 6" springs that are a 10 pack progressive that i physically went to deavers shop, they helped me put together a package that gives me the tongue carrying capacity of a one ton, but gives a ride almost like stock, but i like a firmer rideing truck especially when towing. I have zero wheel hop even with the manuel trans, i hooked to my neighbors 11,000# bumper pull toy hauler that has about a 1,500# tongue wt and it squatted about 3".(I plan on getting a bumper pull rv trlr) Wanted away from lift blocks and have known the people at deaver over thirty years. They have also made other custom parts for my semi. No brainer whos springs for me. Quality has never changed imo.

2012 Ram 2500 Diesel 4.10 geared Auto.
Sold 06 PW Quad cab G-56 6 spd minus clutch safety switch, Gorilla Juice in trans and tcase, Royal Purple full syn in both diffs, Block heater, Stant 180* Tstat, Fastman ported T-body, Airaid Cold air intake with prefilter, TTI long tube Headers, Magnaflow 2 1/2" dual in-single 3" out, Superchips 3815, 35" Nitto Terra MTs w matching spare, 6" Superlift W-Bilstein 5100. Deaver custom rear 6" springs, Custom brake lines, DT Profab steering box brace, T steering upgrade, Spicer front axle u joints, Dynatrac ball joints, Dynatrac free spin with Dynalocs, Red Head steering box and Borgeson steering shaft. Carli front and Rockcrusher rear diff covers, Corrosion x, Viper 5701V Responder LE 2-way alarm, Husky floor mats, Rear inner fender liners, line-xed bed, fender flares and bumper covers, Firestone Ride-Rite Double Convoluted Air Helper Springs with 6" tapered spacers.
post #15 of 71 Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM
WHITEYBLACKPW

Just thought I would add this...
I have had the BDS springs in back for a few years. They have always been stiff like a set of 1 ton springs. No axle hop, great for heavy loads and towing.
Anyhow I was just on the trails after putting the thuren shackles on. It flexes alot better. I have yet to put in a heavy load or tow.
post #16 of 71 Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
SilverWagon05
Big Bubba

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the input. I recently spoke with Atlas' offroad spring designer (who by the way was awesome, and really took the time to discuss exactly what I am looking for). He explained to me (this is to the best of my memory, as I did not have anything to write with at the time), that our factory PW leaf packs are rated at 2100 lbs each, vs 2500/3500 HD leaf packs being rated from 2400-2800 lbs each. Full on race packs (which Carli and Thuren sell), typically range from about 1400-1800 lbs each. Carli's packs are around the 1800 lb mark and Thuren's are around the 1400 lb mark. According to Atlas , they make leaf packs for Carli and Thuren both. He also went on to say that, the PW leaf packs are longer than the 2500/3500 packs and that what most people have on the shelf, including Carli and Thuren are the shorter HD packs, which would impact performance on a PW.

For those that have the Carli or Thuren packs;

1) Did you have to special order your packs through them, or did you get the packs that they normally stock?
2) Was this difference in length discussed with you when you made your purchase?
3) Any other comments or info about this?

Again, thanks for the input.

Upgrades: 5" Pro Comp lift w/MX-6 shocks, HD Pro Comp adj. track bar, 37/12.5/17 Pro Comp Extreme M/T's, 17x9 Moto Metal 951 - black, modified Amp Power steps, Custom front and rear high clearance tube bumpers - black, rear lower quarter panel delete, Challenger Narrow truck box - black, AEM Brute Force CAI, SuperChips Flashpaq, Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-Back exhaust (shortened), Line-X Bed liner, Locker bypass, Black locking Billet Gas filler door, WeatherTech smoked inchannel vent visors & floor liners, Recon LED smoked Cab lights and 3rd brake light, Viair constant duty onboard air system, DT ProFab Steering Box Brace, PowerStop zinc coated, drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, Spicer Life series front axle u-joints, Moog (greasable) tie rod end link, Custom rock sliders, Rock crusher rear diff cover, Carli front diff guard, 2-6" KC 130w Longrange lights behind the grill, 55w floodlights mounted on rear bumper, High/Low/Fog all-on mod, JVC head unit, amplified MTX Thunderform box with 2-10" subs.
Up next...
Thuren, Carli or custom leafs, Thuren shackles, Thuren massaged Kings, headers, Carli or Dynatrac upper & lower ball joints, pocket flares?, snorkel, synthetic winch line, Thuren Extreme Steering, PSC Hydro assist.
post #17 of 71 Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM
azracer

As for mine they are Thurens but came off a truck being returned to stock. They are what is called the "long Travel (LT)". I was in the process of working with Don and he became aware of a set used (3 months old) that were exactly what I was looking for so I bought them.

Because they are the LT ones they require the use of Thurens special longer length shackles. I think the leaves were either 4" or 6" longer than the PW OEM leaves. The PW had 6 or 7 leaves and the LT from Thuren were 9 leaves but the LT stack was shorter in height than the PW leaves were with the OEM block spacer so it was close on the u bolt threads being threaded down far enough to secure the stack to the axle. They also moved the axle back about .5" to allow for 37" tire to clear.

I don't know what rate my springs are but they are slightly softer than the OEM PW springs. They ride nice and I got Timbrins for the load capacity when needed. To be honest I do heavy loads often but not for long distances so I have yet to use the Timbrins as the Thuren spring pack does fine so far. Yes it sags in the back with heavy loads but I go slow and less than 30 miles so it does me fine as is.

Truck sits level with the Carli Hemi coils, full load of fuel and about 100>150# of gear including the Diamondback aluminum a tonneau cover.

Last edited by azracer; 04-03-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Added photo
post #18 of 71 Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM
MSparks909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWagon05 View Post
Thanks for all the input. I recently spoke with Atlas' offroad spring designer (who by the way was awesome, and really took the time to discuss exactly what I am looking for). He explained to me (this is to the best of my memory, as I did not have anything to write with at the time), that our factory PW leaf packs are rated at 2100 lbs each, vs 2500/3500 HD leaf packs being rated from 2400-2800 lbs each. Full on race packs (which Carli and Thuren sell), typically range from about 1400-1800 lbs each. Carli's packs are around the 1800 lb mark and Thuren's are around the 1400 lb mark. According to Atlas , they make leaf packs for Carli and Thuren both. He also went on to say that, the PW leaf packs are longer than the 2500/3500 packs and that what most people have on the shelf, including Carli and Thuren are the shorter HD packs, which would impact performance on a PW.

For those that have the Carli or Thuren packs;

1) Did you have to special order your packs through them, or did you get the packs that they normally stock?
2) Was this difference in length discussed with you when you made your purchase?
3) Any other comments or info about this?

Again, thanks for the input.
The Carli springs I have are Deavers...not Atlas.
1.) I ordered regular Carli progressive leaf springs from George @ 8lug.
2.) No difference in length was discussed with me, nor has it been an issue.
3.) I've been extremely pleased with the Carli leaf springs as a replacement. When you say "longer" what do you mean? Travel length or eye-to-eye length on the springs themselves? If you're talking about travel length, then the Carli's I have flex better (for me) than the OEM PW springs because they moved my axle 1/2" rearward so I can fully stuff the 37's. The Carli springs are also capable of 15" of suspension travel. If you're talking about eye-to-eye length then I'm not sure, but it hasn't been a problem. They also have 3 overload springs to boost hauling capacity once you dip that low into the spring pack.

Upcoming Mods:
post #19 of 71 Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
SilverWagon05
Big Bubba

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
The Carli springs I have are Deavers...not Atlas.
1.) I ordered regular Carli progressive leaf springs from George @ 8lug.
2.) No difference in length was discussed with me, nor has it been an issue.
3.) I've been extremely pleased with the Carli leaf springs as a replacement. When you say "longer" what do you mean? Travel length or eye-to-eye length on the springs themselves? If you're talking about travel length, then the Carli's I have flex better (for me) than the OEM PW springs because they moved my axle 1/2" rearward so I can fully stuff the 37's. The Carli springs are also capable of 15" of suspension travel. If you're talking about eye-to-eye length then I'm not sure, but it hasn't been a problem. They also have 3 overload springs to boost hauling capacity once you dip that low into the spring pack.
From what I understand, Carli primarily uses Deaver and Thuren primarily uses Atlas, but they also each make some springs for the others as well.

As far as the length of the springs, it is the eye to eye length. As I would understand it, the difference in this length would alter the "neutral" location of the rear eye, in relation to the shackle. The location of the pin is also going to adjust the axle front to back, most of which are pushing it back .5" or so to be able to stuff 37's properly.

Up next...
post #20 of 71 Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
SilverWagon05
Big Bubba

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITEYBLACKPW View Post
Just thought I would add this...
I have had the BDS springs in back for a few years. They have always been stiff like a set of 1 ton springs. No axle hop, great for heavy loads and towing.
Anyhow I was just on the trails after putting the thuren shackles on. It flexes alot better. I have yet to put in a heavy load or tow.
What do you think is the reason why you are getting more flex just by adding the Thuren shackles?

Up next...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in