Carli Air Bags - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Carli Air Bags

Since now I'm towing a 8,600 lbs camper. I decided to make things a little easier for me and the PW. Got me some Carli air bags from Skyd Ram. The install is pretty much straight forward. There was a couple of things that I had to do different. I'll explain in the pictures.

1st pic. The box.
2nd pic. Inside the box.
3rd pic. What's in the box. When you remove the parts from the box. Do NOT pull the air bag out of the box by one end. Use 2 hands, one on each end to remove from box! It's a real SOB to get the air bag back to it's collapsed position. Look at the right air bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (261.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (273.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (266.3 KB, 13 views)

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Sequentially Number #08-1505,
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Extang Tonneau Cover, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, Had 35" Cooper STT's now 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper, PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal and it's own body bag!, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, MORE STUFF COMIN', TTI headers, Somebody's long arm, 7.2L MOTOR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods to me; Ti hip replacement. Zerk fitting in knee. Now it's gets greased more than some guys front drive shafts. I've been Used, Abused and Recycled!

Survivor of The Cold War,
Heaven's Gate, The Grand Conjunction, The Pleiadeans Landings, Y2K, The Winch Mob Banning, The Mayan Apocalypse, and some other covert stuff. Future ISIS killer!

"Moab '10, '12, '14",
"Rausch Creek-Spring, Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14"

RUSS
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Pit Slave
..::MOOSE::..

I'm still alive...sofar.

coming soon!

When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes duty. --T.J.

2005 Power Wagon #891 flame red rc

3 Mil-spec
cans, 35"km2's with zero rub, mopar tailgate protector/spoiler, bed liner and rubber mat, Power Wagon winch accsesory kit, coustom Power Wagon winch strap by me
, rock rails that need to get nerfed w/ exo points, Rockcrusher front and rear diff cover, V.H. in bed dual tire carrier, tons of U.T. pin striping.... on second thought I'll get that buffed out again
, steering more loose than a paid date!.....more to come!

embarass the sun yet? I did!
Member of the DTX & PWR Team
post #3 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

(Thread Starter)
Talking

1st pic. On the driver's side. My brake line bracket was a little high on the frame. The top of the air bag bracket was hitting it. I had to grind away the top of the brake baracket to get the air bag bracket to sit flush on the frame.

2nd and 3rd pic's pic. My resonator on my tail pipe is in the way. I cut the exhaust about 3" from the end of the muffler, and used a turn down.

4th, 5th, and 6th pic's. When I cut off the tail pipe. That's when I discovered that the tail pipe had hitted my quarter panel. When I did it. I don't know. But it happened after the Rausch Creek Run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (270.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (284.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (248.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 015.JPG (266.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 016.JPG (297.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 017.JPG (242.9 KB, 9 views)

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;
Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Extang Tonneau Cover, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, Had 35" Cooper STT's now 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper, PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal and it's own body bag!, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, MORE STUFF COMIN', TTI headers, Somebody's long arm, 7.2L MOTOR
Mods to me; Ti hip replacement. Zerk fitting in knee. Now it's gets greased more than some guys front drive shafts. I've been Used, Abused and Recycled!

Heaven's Gate, The Grand Conjunction, The Pleiadeans Landings, Y2K, The Winch Mob Banning, The Mayan Apocalypse, and some other covert stuff. Future ISIS killer!

"Moab '10, '12, '14",

RUSS

Last edited by RustyPW08; 11-27-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

(Thread Starter)
Talking

1st pic. The air bag. To the left of the air bag is the extensions to use if you have a lift kit.

2nd pic. This is where the extension go if you use them. I got the extensions now, but did not install them that this time. When I do my suspension. I will install them then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (253.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (256.8 KB, 10 views)

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;

"Moab '10, '12, '14",

RUSS
post #5 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

(Thread Starter)
Talking

Both pic's are different views of the right side air bag. The E-brake cable bracket may give you a little hassle. I took mine off, and turned it around backwards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (278.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 010.JPG (254.4 KB, 11 views)

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;

"Moab '10, '12, '14",

RUSS
post #6 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

(Thread Starter)
Talking

Both pic's are the left side air bag. The E-brake cable on this side was the biggest headache. Trying to find away so that it doesn't touch the air bag. I took the cable guide off and rebent it to reposition the cable away from the air bag. It took me a couple of tries. Still not happy with it.

The instructions are big on not letting nothing touch the air bags.
I ran my air hoses to the rear bumper for now. I drilled 2 holes, one on each side for the air valves, in the bumper. I'm still deciding on how I want to finish this up. But for now. It will do. I'm expecting to get my camper back from the dealer any day now. So I had to get this done.

Min 5lbs, Max 100lbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 012.JPG (266.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 013.JPG (244.7 KB, 10 views)

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;

"Moab '10, '12, '14",

RUSS

Last edited by RustyPW08; 11-27-2011 at 06:02 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM
TrueCowboy426
Double Rammin'

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Looks good. I had to do the same mods when I installed my bags.

2007 Dodge Power Wagon - Inferno Red Quad Cab, G56 6-speed, KRC 210X cam, Centerforce clutch, SRT8 JGC seats, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, Offroad lights behind the grill, Warn wireless winch remote, Carli front Diff Guard, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, On board air complete w/ train horns, homemade hidden gooseneck hitch, Homemade locker bypass
1998 Dodge 2500 Ext Cab, SB - 5.9 24V diesel, 35" Dynapro MT's on 17" 3rd gen rims. Completely rebuilt, with a few performance goodies added, and a whole lot more to come.
Old Faithful: used and abused, but keeps firing up.
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST 4x4 Quad Cab 4.7L Bright Silver (Totalled Dec 2/08, back on the road Feb 4/09. She ain't pretty but still a beast)
HO Cams, 12,000 lbs Winch mounted behind bumper, 4.56's, 2500 factory tow hooks, DMH E-cutout, 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, Air-Lift Ride Control bags, homemade hidden ball gooseneck hitch.
1987 Dakota RCSB (scary ride) :
413 BB truck motor (.030" over), long tube headers, 727, Quick fuel 830cfm, and a bit more to come.....

My other Vehicles:
1987 Ram W100 4x4 - 5.7 Hemi swap

1999 Jeep TJ, 4cyl(boo), 5spd
post #8 of 12 Old 11-28-2011, 04:50 AM
akguy09

add to FAQ

are we going to add this to the sticky thread? Rusty owns alot of them

Good news I will be home from Afghanistan and back in Alaska in about 5 days and then I will have the pictures to start posting of my build-up, In case anyone wants to see mods to someone other than Rusty's truck, he is the MOD GOD right now

07 PowerWagon Red RC LWB, auto, leveled 35x12.50 Toyo MT's, amsteel winch cable,Edge Programmer, Injen CAI, wireless winch controller,DT Steering brace, 4 Vision X LED lights,Carli Track Bar, Backwoods rear Bumper,spray in bed liner, Weatherguard headache rack,Carli Control Arms, 5100's Weatherguard tool box-with enough recovery gear to survive in Alaska

future- Don's springs and shackles
post #9 of 12 Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

(Thread Starter)
Talking

Just brought back the camper from the dealer today. About a 130 mile round trip. I had 15 lbs in the air bags. I could tell a difference in it. I still need shocks tho.

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;

"Moab '10, '12, '14",

RUSS
post #10 of 12 Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 PM
MSparks909

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPW08 View Post
Just brought back the camper from the dealer today. About a 130 mile round trip. I had 15 lbs in the air bags. I could tell a difference in it. I still need shocks tho.
cough* cough* King 2.5's cough* cough*

06 Black QC G56, 76K miles and counting...
Thuren coils, tracbar, control arms, shackles, draglink, limit straps, towers, Stage 3 front King 2.5's, DBL Bypass rear King 2.5's, Carli leaf springs, Carli upper & lower BJ's and diff cover, PSC notched steering brace, 08.5 "T" linkage, PSC Extreme Duty Steering Box, Borgeson Lower Steering Shaft, Magnaflow muffler, Airaid Intake, American Racing ATX Thug 17x8.5, Yokohama Geolander AT/S 37x12.50x17, Rockcrusher rear diff cover, Airflow snorkel (fitted to Airaid full intake), Magnaflow y-pipe & Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, Go Recon Super White cab lights, EBC slotted rotors/Yellowstuff pads, winch thermal bypass & locker bypass, Pit Slave-modded SmartBar, greasable front u-joints, tint, JL Audio 12" subwoofer & JL Audio 500W amp with adjustable bass knob

Upcoming Mods:
Flowtech Headers, Line-X rocker panels/fender flares, eBay black mesh grill, DIY blacked-out headlights, Diablosport programmer, chopped rocker panels, tube bumpers F/R, Rigid Industries LED lightbar, axle truss, stiffer shock valving, VH tire carrier, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, Filtermag, Go Pro HERO 2
post #11 of 12 Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
RustyPW08
Moab Tested

(Thread Starter)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
cough* cough* King 2.5's cough* cough*
Also need an exhaust now. The turn down ain't cuttin' it. Sounds ok until 3500 rpm. Then it sounds like crap.

PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW;

"Moab '10, '12, '14",

RUSS
post #12 of 12 Old 11-29-2011, 11:48 PM
mojoman

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Nice, man those sucker are big.

2016 2500 CC 6.4L w/ 4.10 gears SLT 4x4/Spray Bedliner/Big Horn Edition/Westin Step Bar/Front Tinted Windows/Bakflip Bed Cover/AMP Bed Step/Tailgate Assist

Dodgetalk.com 345 Entusiast Member #23
Member #109 "The Red Truck Club"

God Squad 1979 to Enternity
Preacher of the Gospel
Acts 3:19

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in