Durango R/T / Urban edge concept - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

Closed Thread

post #1 of 8 Old 04-09-2004, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
jtanwanteng

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Durango R/T / Urban edge concept

Sorry my camera phone couldn't take better pictures, but this is one totally sweet durango.

side:

front:

otherside:

back:

notice how much better the front and especially the rear bumper looks over the stock ones. The hood scoops are awesome as well. 21" wheels, extra chrome accents, and redone tailights complete the package. And don't forget the dual (not true dual, i checked underneath) exhaust. I couldn't see if there were any engine upgrades, as the hood was locked at the time. Now that i think about it, it looks a lot like the original hemi R/T concept shown last spring, but just done in nicer colors.

Unfortunately, the reps were totally clueless as to if and when this would actually be produced. I found out that it was done by a 3rd party company, and one rep said that it might be made by Metalcrafters out in california. I'll try calling them tomorrow for more info.

as a bonus, it seems that suzuki has finally found a way to eliminate the traffic problem that plagues the roadways today. Heck, this thing could eliminate anything.

yes. Thats a big missile on top
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-15-2004, 10:31 PM
jimbo1102
Jimbo1102

Check out this D

Where did you take that picture? Dodge is supposed to be doing a Rollout tour, where they custom out a D and loan it to a celeb, but that truck is not one of them. I have relatives at Daimler and have them trying to get me in touch with those fascias. Metal Crafters designed it for Daimler, hence Daimler owns it, (Metal Crafters can't sell it). Inside sources told me i t was originally slated to be included on the 04 D as a rock/brush guard but was canned to keep cost down. It looks like PVO or Mopar may pick it up and offer it but I don't want to wait. My truck has a bid indent on the front bumper where the fascia should be and I want to fill the spot. It reminds me of the 70's cars with blank plate knockouts in the dash where a skipped option would go, looks naked without it don't you think?
post #3 of 8 Old 04-19-2004, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
jtanwanteng

(Thread Starter)
i took them at the NY auto show

its not just a fill in pice for the bumper, its a one piece bumper(cover i think) that is different (deeper and taller) from the stock one and has a chrome insert at the bottom. same with the rear bumper

o btw, i saw your grill...nice work. mind saving one for a month or two? I'm trying to get my new 04 in the next month or so. wish me luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-13-2004, 09:23 PM
jimbo1102
Jimbo1102

Urban Concept

Has anybody else got photos of this vehicle, possibly higher resolution?
post #5 of 8 Old 07-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Casper42
2004 Durango Limited HEMI

Send a message via AIM to Casper42
THIS seems like a close match.

Nevermind, better pics from another site. Embedding pics because the site has a ton of popups.

jtanwanteng: Is it the same?

PS: All I did was google Durango Concept

Last edited by Casper42; 07-02-2004 at 06:34 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-02-2004, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
jtanwanteng

(Thread Starter)
yeah i already noted how much it looks like the hemi r/t concept. The difference is basically in the colors. It was also lowered, compared to the hemi r/t
post #7 of 8 Old 07-13-2004, 05:03 PM
jaypz2sweet

I saw this one on the durangoclub site. Dude took these in Carlisle, MD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nextgenRTback.JPG (32.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg nextgenRT.JPG (45.7 KB, 21 views)
post #8 of 8 Old 07-16-2004, 01:30 AM
alextaylor29

Sweetness. Wow. :O

***SOLD***2005 Durango, Limited, HEMI, loaded, AWD, DVD, NAV, Chrome wheels, light blue exterior, grey interior.

Mods: Tru flow foam air filter, MotoBlue Crank Shaft Pulley, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Air Ram Power Wire, Drilled StopTech rotors and ceremic pads, Bilstein shocks, Manix stainless 1 piece brush guard, Billet stainless grill, chrome bug guard, 20 inch 2007 Durango Chrome OEM wheels.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in