DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWAL Speed Sensor

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  mmasters 
#1 ·
I have had a problem with my Engine light, ABS light and brake light staying on. My speedo. won't work until I get up to about 30-35mph, then works fine. I have changed the speed sensor on the tail of the transmission, but did not help. Is there another speed sensor on the Diff.?

#2 ·
yes, it's on the top of the pumpkin

#5 ·
Yes this is a dealer only part. I was charged about $40.00, took 30min. to change.

#6 ·
My 98 had the same problem. I changed the sensor in the rear diff, and everything works great !!

#7 ·
I had same issue with '04 Ram SLT 4x4. ABS and Brake light would come on dash periodically while driving. Speedo also went crazy when foot on brake. Took to dealer yesterday and they replaced Rear ABS Speed Sensor and ABS module. They also drained and inspected rear diff and then resealed and filled it. Drove the 25 miles from dealer tonight with no lights or issues. Hopefully it is fixed. Dealer admitted this is a very, very common issue with all dodge trucks!

#8 ·
sugelle how much did they charge total for all the work, I'm curious if it is worth it to just have them put it in or to put it in myself.those lights are annoying!

#9 ·
Mine was warranty work so it cost me nothing!

#13 ·
horn said:
I Just Replaced Mine It Is On The Rear End And It Costs About 27 Dollars But It Goes On The Rear And And They Even Give You A Little Jumper Wire In The Package Because Hte Way They Make It Is Different From The Original
I'm having the same problem with my truck and have already replaced the sensor on the tranny. Where did you get the sensor that goes on the rearend? You wouldn't happen to have a part number, would ya?

#14 ·
i just replaced the one on top of the rear end and my lights are still on:(. I unplugged my battery for 15+ minutes and they still did not go off. what do you guys think is the problem?

#15 ·
RWAL speed sensor problems

I would like to thank everyone for the information in all your emails, you all saved me allot of money and time. I was ready to take my truck to the dealer for repair, which I know would cost $'s, at least the dealers here have tagged me for allot in matter such as this. I did a search, came across this forum and presto, I found people with the same problem. Today I fixed my ABS/brake problem with your help.
Thank you,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.