DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

squeaky tension pulley

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MDREDRAM 
#1 ·
I was talking to one of my customers today and we were talking about our trucks. Steve has a 3/4 98 QC v10 4x4. I was saying that my truck was squealing when it was cold and I thought a pulley or pump was going. Steve laughed and said he had replaced his tension pulley and the squeal went away for a few weeks. He said to spray WD-40 on the pulley and the noise would probably stop, this will last for about 2 weeks. So I went home and started her up. She was squeaking a little as usual, and of course my WD-40 can was missing the top so I turned the truck off and put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil on it. I started it back up and she's been perfectly quiet. Is this common for 98s or can we use tension pulleys from newer models or ?

#2 ·
Squeaky Pulley

My 99 also does it when the weather gets cold. It's fine during the warmer months. I've had sprayed it a few times, but it doesn't last long so I just been living with it sense its not very loud.

#3 ·
I had the same problem. Got tired of replacing belts @ 20k miles and juicing the belt w/ WD-40 ect. I switched to a Goodyear Gatorback Serpentine Belt. This has eliminated all belt noises to this point @25k miles. Also, I purchased thru Summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.