DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rancho 5000 - comments ???

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ofelas 
#1 ·
Running a '95 V10 2500hd
Corners getting squishy, after 100k on the stock shocks.
Looking at variou soptions and ran across the Rancho 5000 series with 'in the cab' adjustable settings.

Anyone have any experiences/comments/Ideas ???

#2 ·
I think you mean Rancho 9000, correct. I have never used them but everyone who has says they are great. When I need shocks I think I might go with the 9000’s and the adjustments in the cab. (About $400 right now)

#3 ·
I have the Rancho 9000s w/ the dual in cab adjustment on my 96 1500 4x4. I think they are great! Sometimes I run them soft (at 1), sometimes I run them at 5, the stiffest setting (just because). I have a small slide in camper that I carry and the Ranchos make all the difference with the load. Set them at 4 in front and 5 in back. I had Rancho 5000s on my old S10 Blazer and after +90K miles they are still going with the new owner. That was the main reason with staying with Rancho but the 5000s were way too stiff and I would not use them again. The 9000s are just the ticket!
SteveB

#5 ·
I run Rancho 5000s all around & love 'em!! But then again, I like stiff, somewhat harsh rides.

#6 ·
I noticed most of you guys all have fairly new Rams, to that end what is reason for changing out the shocks so soon? Just curious if there is something I should know about the shocks on my truck...

#7 ·
Davcruz-aside from going out when least needed, they are a great, cheap way to definitively improve on & off road performance.

Your truck will roll less on curves/highway ramps, plant the tire tread more evenly, and will generally not fade out during strenuous wheeling.

By the way, the part #s will be the same for the Off Roadster models as the regular 4x4 Ram 1500s from the same year.

The Rancho steering stabilizer is 5004 or 5404, can't remember which, but is the same part # as for '94-'98 Ram 1500s (just make sure to use the included TAPERED pin for '99-'01, & don't worry about the castle nut-use Loctite instead).

#8 ·
Thanks for the info! Just one more thing to put on the list now...;)

#9 ·
No sweat-now make a Mopar Performane PCM your first mod, and every other mod that follows will really work at it's best!

#10 ·
ofelas said:
No sweat-now make a Mopar Performane PCM your first mod, and every other mod that follows will really work at it's best!
Cool, is that what Summit is refering to HERE

#11 ·
Yup; Summit seems to be all out of them, I reckon.

Shoot me a quick e-mail at chipndell@rogers.com, if I'm not mistaken a local guy here has one, and is looking to sell his before his 2000 5.9 goes back at lease end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.