DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyless Entry Remote Programming?

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dodged Eigoh 
#1 ·
Anyone Know how to program a Keyless Entry Remote or where I can look into it?? I have a Keyless Entry remote from a dakota and one that is original with the Ram Truck, and I was going to look into programming the dakota remote for my Ram! Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Dodged Eigoh

#2 ·
Do the part numbers on the back of the key fobs match?

If your owners manual does not give you instruction on how to do this you will have to take the truck to your dealer and let him program it with the DRB scan tool.

#3 · (Edited)
I figured out how to do it. You need one already programmed remote.
1. Key in ignition to ON position.
2. On already programmed Remote. Hold down UNLOCK 4 - 10 seconds.
3. While holding down UNLOCK for 4 - 10 seconds, press and release LOCK and PANIC at the sametime. You will get a single chime. Release Unlock.
4. After Chime, Within 30 seconds, press and Release LOCK and UNLOCK at the sametime. You wil get another single chime.
5. Press UNLOCK and/or LOCK to test. If it works programming has worked.
6. Repeat 4 and 5 for each additional remote.

I believe this to work, and I will not be held liable for any programming mistakes if you follow my process! I found this on an internet site for Dakota's and it worked for my Ram. If you dont have a programmed remote, you must take it to your dealership, at least I think! I got my old remote to reprogramm but not my Dakota remote. I then checked the Numbers on the back and my Dakota remote is a different part number! Dang it!! :) Couldnt be so easy. At least I figured out, with some help from some online sites, how to do it!

If anyone has a Round remote, with a *******7* part number on it I would be willing to trade you my *******9* part number remote!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.