DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocks

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  ofelas 
#1 ·
I need Shocks! My question though is what to get? I hear
"Get Stock" "Get Rancho" and so on and so on......... So What do you all think!

Also a key point is I have an 01 with the HD and Off Road Package........do I need something special?:rolleyes:

Thanks for any info I can get!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Get the Rancho 9000 series. They are adjustable, so depending on your need, you can change them to be firm, soft, or whatever you like. Rancho has just discontinued the RS9000's 5 position adjustable shock and introduced the RS9000X 9 position adjustable shock. I have a pair of RS9000's and love them!

#5 ·
just put on a set of 9000's a week ago... LOVE 'EM !!!
...now it feels like a truck instead of a brick on a bowl of jello...

ordered the 9000's... but got the new 9000X bodies with the old 5 position adjuster. Rancho's tech-engineering advised that this was due to phasing in production of the 9000X's... range of adjustment is about the same, just that the 9 position adjuster offers finer tuning than the old 5 position adjuster.

so, my advice...
go to your local part store... order the 9000's... and you'll probably get the new 9000X shocks with the old 5 position adjuster... and save a few cents in the process.

#6 ·
Has anyone tried Bilstein shocks?

#8 ·
I tried the Rancho RS5000's, on the 2001's they have a small design flaw.

On the fronts the lower mount used a 9/16" bolt, the shocks come with a 5/8" sleeve so you need to put 200ftlbs + on the bolts to stop the shocks from knocking. And then they still knock.

On the rears the bottom mount is wider (by 1/4") so when you tighten the shock bolt it never flushes out with the sleeve. Hence knocking in the rear.

The ProComp ES3000's are perfect a little softer than the RS5000's yet stiffer than stock.

#9 · (Edited)
I have 5000s and love them. I wanted the 9000s but at the time I couldn't afford them. I wanted the whole system so I didn't have to craw over the tire to adjust them. My buddy has Bilstein on his Chevy ZR2 and he like them, but they come stock and he has nothing else to copare it with on that truck.

#10 ·
Rancho 5000s all around & Rancho 5004 steering stabilizer (use the tapered pin!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.