DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

a good day at the races

614 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Davcruz 
#1 ·
my girlfriend fusses at me all the time about wanting to race people in the truck. i don't care if i win or lose, as long as i can have a little fun. "stoplight racing" has become a good diversion on those stop-and-go, 10-stoplights-per-mile work jaunts in the city. i never rev the engine or do anything like that. i usually watch for "creepers" who keep inching forward like they're waiting for the light to turn red. give me a sign, and i'm ready to go!

i got to race two people yesterday, one in a neon and one in a suburban. the girl in the neon must've been mad because i changed lanes to get in fron of her. i didn't cut her off, i just needed to be in the left lane and the truck in front of her was turning. so she gets in the right lane beside me (we were making a left onto a one way street) and starts creeping before the light changes. out of respect i never try to race another dodge unless the other person wants it. this time i can take a hint, so i brace myself and when the light turned green i let her go. couldn't really accelerate much on a left turn like that but i still stayed ahead of her. lucky for me, a light 1/4 mile down the street turned red, and now we were on the straight road, side by side. she's still inching up while the light's red. i just sit still. light changes and i smoke her. by then i was at the parkin lot to go in to work, so i had to slow down and turn. she blows by me like she's trying to make a statement when i'm not even moving.

the suburban was much more satisfying. this was late last night, i was beside the guy waiting to make a left turn at a light again. this guy starts creeping AND revs it a little, so i know it's on! i was in the outside lane, so when the light turned green he got an easy lead, and i was behind hi bumper. then i shift to second gear. oops! i floor it in second, andby the time i hit 4000 rpms and shift to 3rd, he's behind me. i keep it in 3rd until i'm going about 55, and i have a good lead now, so i'm content and shift to 4th and 5th real quick and let up some (we were in a 45, and i didn't want to attract any pigs). i look in my mirror and this guys gaining on me. he wanted some more! i waited until he got right up to my rear bumper and dropped it from 5th to 3rd and floored it, and he was history.

so i had a little fun yesterday. gotta take it when i can...

See less See more
#3 ·
Way to go, keep beating the Neon girls now. ;)

#4 ·
Davcruz said:
Way to go, keep beating the Neon girls now. ;)
heh heh... :stk:

it's all good. even if she had been in a viper (still a dodge, but SLIGHTLY different...) i still woulda raced her. might not had the same results, but i'm never one to turn down a little fun.

#5 ·
Yeah, I was just funnin yah! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.