DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone with Air Shocks???

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Davcruz 
#1 ·
I'm going to do this to my ram. Install air shocks so I can load my truck fully and then pump them up to level the truck back out. Does anyone have them? If so what kind? I've been shopping already but really would like some input. I want to go with a system that I pump up at a gas station or something like that.

#2 ·
AIR SHOCKS

I don't have air shocks on my Ram, but I have had them on other cars and trucks. I had a set on an old 1967 Chrysler Newport and I liked them a lot. And I had a set on my 1976 Dodge B250 window van, sometimes listed as a station wagon. They did what I wanted and I had no problems with either system. I'm almost certain they were Gabriel Hy-Jackers. They were very easy to install, and not real expensive. Hope this helps...a little.:)

#4 ·
Air shocks won't do your ride much good when you are fully loaded. Horsepower TV (TNN) modified a Ram (diesel 3500) with air bag suspension which worked and rode very well - much better than stock they said. So, if you are interested, use air bags and not air shocks.

Incidentally, after about a couple of hundred miles, the air bags were fully broken in and operating at peak performance - according to Horsepower TV.

#5 ·
I would have to agree with Christian, get the bags and not the shocks. The shocks are cheap, but they ride rough. The bags are more, but they are a much smoother ride. Either system will allow you to "pump up" at the service station, but the bags have an optional system to inflate them from the cab and you can even inflate them unequally, if you had a very heavy load to one side of the bed for instance this could come in handy. I believe the bag systems start at about $99 and one with the compressor can be had for about $299 me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.