post picks of your big tires on stock 20'' - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #1 of 6 Old 01-21-2005, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
leigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
post picks of your big tires on stock 20''

justin_k's thread got me thinking about mounting stock 3rd gen 20'' rims on my 2nd gen 4x4. Since my truck has a four inch lift, i'd want bigger tires to fill-out the wheel wells (about 35's). So if anybody in here has this set-up, or any 20's with bigger tires then please post some pics to give me an idea. Does anyone make off-road tires for 20's? Thanks guys
Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2005, 02:33 AM
Bubba_Hemi
5 Years... 6 Dodges

Cool

This is mine (sorry, it's a 3rd gen... had 16.5's on my 2nd gen) and the tires are about 33 1/2"s tall.

There are several aggressive tires now for 20's such as Nitto, Toyo, Super Swampers and a couple others as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-785S.JPG (63.7 KB, 7 views)

WCOG

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

TOTM- October '04: '04 Ram 2500 CTD 600 QC SB..........'05 Dodge Stratus SXT SE: October '05- COTM

Posting Foolishness 69.12% of the time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You have one hell of an interesting perspective on things... and by "interesting", I mean retarded

post #3 of 6 Old 01-21-2005, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
leigh

(Thread Starter)
That's what i'm talking about, your set-up looks good. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Bubba_Hemi
5 Years... 6 Dodges

The tires... I seem to be the only one with such a sweet deal... I got the tires and wheels for about 2.8K.

BTW, the sweet deal part was sarcasm... everyone else seems to get tires so much cheaper.

WCOG

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

TOTM- October '04: '04 Ram 2500 CTD 600 QC SB..........'05 Dodge Stratus SXT SE: October '05- COTM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You have one hell of an interesting perspective on things... and by "interesting", I mean retarded

post #5 of 6 Old 01-22-2005, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
leigh

(Thread Starter)
That is sorta pricey, but they do look good.

How do you like having the ctd compared to gas engine in a truck when it comes to daily driving?
post #6 of 6 Old 01-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Bubba_Hemi
5 Years... 6 Dodges

Man, there is no comparison... lol This is the first diesel I've had and I'm not too sure I'll have my rig as a gasser unless it's a car I plan on hot rodding. My daily driving is about a 7 mile trip to work and back and maybe another 1 or 2 during the day for lunch or needing to come in for something. Other then that, I don't make but maybe 20 miles at max round trip anywhere here in town since it's small. I can be on it a fair amount and still get 16 mpg out of it... so I'll still easily get 350 or 400 miles on a tank no problem. But once you get them on the open road, that's when you'll really get good mileage. I went 1/3 tank on the freeway and the rest was spent on it every chance I had and still pulled out almost 550 on that tank.

And yea, it was kinda pricey for the tires and wheels... but when I got them, at the time there really weren't a lot of options out there so I was at the mercy of the market there.

WCOG

2009 Dodge Ram
1500 QC SB

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in