DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possible Injector/Fuel Filter Problem

594 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ram_Angel 
#1 ·
Allright, I've got an '89 Ram and I'm having some slight acceleration issues. It's been a while coming, meaning... i've noticed a slight sluggishness (more noticeable at beginning of travel, and mostly uphill) but nothing alarming.

And i think I've been feeling some hesitation while at highway speeds, it sorta feels like it's surging. But it's nothing too bad, and with having lost an injector last year, it's got me worried.

Tonight, it was really sluggish going uphill (in the first five minutes of driving) and felt like it was starting to surge again, at low speeds. But it was able to accelerate normally (not quickly, lol.. but it's 30 out).

Hopefully that makes any sense at all. lol! I'm just asking yall's opinions. I'm not sure if it is an injector, the one that died last year showed some signs of surging (but it was windy that day and i'd never dealt with that, so i wasn't sure) and then later that day, almost completely quit.

Or could it be the fuel filter? I know when they get clogged, old, they can really affect how the vehicle runs cold.

Just let me know if i need to clarify anything...

See less See more
#2 ·
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1989/14-02-89.htm

Sounds like it's time for a fuel pressure and volume test. change the fuel filter no matter what...it won't hurt. It's possible you have a partially clogged filter on the pump in the tank or a small crack in any of the rubber fuel hoses in the fuel system including the one in the fuel tank.
Could still be other problems like injector/s or loose/corroded electrical caps on top of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.