DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4 light

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mbret2004 
#1 ·
my 4x4 light has been flickering on and off for the past couple days, i've tried shifting in and out of 4-wheel to try and keep it off but i had no luck, it still flickered, does anyone know why its doing this?

#2 ·
The switch for this is on the CAD unit on the back of the axle tube on the passenger side, there's a push-on connector, pull that off and see if it's full of corrosion that may be shorting the connector, and if you can, check that the switch is open in 2wd. There also may be a leak in the vacuum pipe to the outside of the actuator module that holds the collar disconnected and may be allowing it to float in and contact, though you may hear a fair amount of grinding if that's the case... unless it's staying permanently engaged if there's not enough force to pull the collar out of mesh, this you can tell by seeing if the front propshaft is free to turn while in 2wd (you may need the engine running to check this if you have enough leaks to lose vacuum after turning it off).

#3 ·
Don't mean to hi jack the thread
I have a similiar Prob:

My 4x4 light doesn't go on. I can still use it / switch it between 4hi 4lo 2wd Is it the same switch? Do i Need to worry about it?

Pls let me know how your fix goes...

#4 ·
i got under it today when i was changing my oil and noticed that there was a broken hose just off of a hard line so i hope thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.