DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

crankshaft problem

702 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1999dodge 
#1 ·
I have a 1999 2500 Quadcab, been a great truck until now. I was getting a high-pitch whine when in OverDrive, sent it in to my mechanic, he said it looks like the crankshaft has some slop in it (some bearing being worn) and ended up cutting away part of a flange to eliminate the noise, but doesn't fix the problem.
Has anyone heard of this kind of a problem? Do I need to start looking a doing a rebuild or buy a reman motor? What are the chances Dodge would stand by this? The truck has 91K miles on it, not really all that many.
Thanks,
Eric.

#2 ·
I've never heard of such a noise being related to a crankshaft. But I can almost guarantee that dodge will do nothing but give you a price for a new motor on something as old a 99. Good luck?

#4 ·
If your crank has back and forth movement it is more than likely the thrust bearings. I had the same trouble as far as thrust bearing go. This is caused by a ballooning converter. I am in the process of rebuilding my motor. I got lucky and caught it before it scattered my motor, it only ruined the crankshaft and bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.