DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Emission Test California with Tuner

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Redneck Cowboy 
#1 ·
Went to get my modified 06 dodge ram 3500 emission tested this week. They told me they could not test it because it my engine had a aftermarket tuner. I found this info online today. Will be bringing my truck back in a few days for retest. I have the Banks six gun tuner with PDA.

Please read the following before using the Products In Progress List:
The Air Resources Board (ARB) has prepared this Products In Progress List for
use when doing visual inspection of diesel vehicles with gross vehicle weight
rating (GVWR) of 14,000 lbs or lower. The list contains add-on and modified
parts with pending anti-tampering exemption applications. If the part is listed,
then it will not cause the vehicle to fail Smog Check even in the absence of an
Executive Order (EO). To complete the Smog Check inspection, diesel vehicles
would still be required to pass the visible smoke test, meet the OBD checks, and
be equipped with the required emission control components as specified in the
Smog Check Inspection Procedures Manual.
Smog Check technicians should check the list on a regular basis. Use of this list will end by December 31, 2011.

“Notification to the Diesel Vehicle Operator”
Owners of diesel vehicles equipped with aftermarket parts listed on the Products in Progress List will be notified by the Smog Check technician that their vehicle has passed with an aftermarket part(s) that is currently undergoing tests.Depending on the test results, these parts may not obtain approval or EO, and should this occur your vehicle will fail the next Smog Check. Vehicle owners/operators are encouraged to check with their aftermarket part distributors before their next Smog Check, for updates or recalls.

arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/products_in_progress_list.pdf

Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner 1999-2010 7.3, 6.0, 6.4L Ford Trucks
Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner 2001-2010 6.6L GM Trucks
Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner 2003-2010 5.9, 6.7L Cummins engine
Bully Dog Performance Management Tool 1999-2010 6.0, 6.4L Ford Trucks
Bully Dog Performance Management Tool 2003-2010 5.9, 6.7L Cummins engine
Bully Dog Performance Management Tool 2001-2010 6.6L GM Trucks
Gale Banks EngineeringEconoMind/OttoMind, Bullet, Six-Gun Diesel Tuner 2001-2010
General Motors Trucks with the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine

Gale Banks EngineeringSix-Gun Diesel Tuner 2007-2009 Dodge cab chassis trucks and motorhomes with 6.7L Cummins engine

Gale Banks Engineering EconoMind/OttoMind, Six-Gun Diesel Tuner 2003-2007 Dodge Ram with 5.9L Cummins

Gale Banks EngineeringEconoMind/OttoMind, Bullet, Six-Gun Diesel Tuner 2003-2007Ford Trucks with the 6.0L diesel engine

Gale Banks EngineeringEconoMind/OttoMind Six-Gun Diesel Tuner 1999-2003Ford Trucks with the 7.3L diesel engine

Gale Banks Engineering Git-Kit, Stinger, StingerPlus, PowerPack, Big Hoss Diesel Tuner 1998-2002 Dodge Ram with 5.9L Cummins

Gale Banks EngineeringStinger and PowerPack Diesel Tuner 1998-2003Motorhomes with with 5.9L or 8.3L Cummins engine

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to DodgeTalk, the BEST Dodge Forum on the internet :)

#3 ·
Welcome to Dodge Talk.
Wonder if it'll also apply to Gas engines.

#4 ·
Well it's better to look around for technicians that know a little bit more about emission testing for diesel pickups. I had to call a referee today about my truck. He stated to me that I was right that Banks Six gun system will not effect emissions or other exhaust parts, manifolds ect. The first tech was not properly trained. I did ask about gas also. He stated that it too was legal as long as it is used properly with no modifications to factory settings on Banks products. I know that Banks spends huge amounts of time making sure their systems meet or exceed emissions testing. Now for diesel they are very concern with emissions because there really is no definite test for these aftermarket products by the state or government. And as for my truck not having a catalytic converter from factory, the referee stated that my truck maybe grandfathered in. Will keep you posted when he gets back to me.

#5 ·
Welcome to DT!

:dtrocks:

#6 ·
Welcome To DodgeTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.