DodgeTalk Forum banner

Hvac check valve

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Moparite 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a source other than the dealer for these check valves located near the passenger side firewall? My truck is doing the a/c coming out the defrost under hard acceleration. I have checked the local parts places ie, autozone, oreilys. With no luck. My local stealership wants $40 for one and it's a special order.

#3 ·
Thanks Moparite.

#4 ·
I am having the issues with losing the vacuum when headed up a hill just as original poster. NAPA says this part won't fit my 99 2500. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

PS. Been a long time since I posted. Used to have a 79 Ramcharger. Sold it. Now back to my old Dodges. I even forgot my log in name.

My kids get the new trucks. Something about airbags being safer for the boys than the old man.

#6 ·
My wife found one amazon for $4. but it didn't fix the problem. I moved on to the check valve near the passenger side of intake manifold. Changed it. Still goes out the defrost under med to hard acceleration.

#8 ·
You need to install them in the correct direction! If you have it reversed it's like not even having them. Vac needs to flow towards the engine not the other way. And yes even if they are installed correctly you have some leakage from 20 year old vac actuators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.