DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbed thoughts?

34K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  BigGreenV10 
#1 ·
I want to design and build a flatbed for my truck, but i have never seen a dodge ram short box with one. Do they look good? Does anybody have any pictures or ideas for them? Appreciate it folks. Thanks.

#2 ·
Ive seen it before but I dont have pics. IMO they look good only when there made out of metal.

#4 ·
Seen a very few short beds running with a flat bed. Looks really depend on the design.

#5 ·
I did a google image search and this is what I could only find. It's a 96.

Attachments

#7 ·
i think it would look good even with the short box will it be to big for a crawler tho?

#8 ·
im not going that big of a bed, and i found a bed that i would love to duplicate and change a few little things but i dont know how to post a picture.

#11 ·
flatty for work or for clearence off-road?

Mine will get a flatty for off-road once its retired from DD duty

#12 ·

#14 ·
thanks bud. appreciate it. whats your opinion on it? i dont need a bed for work. trucks gonna be too tall for my quad or hay anyways. im just gonna put a tool box in it and they are much easier to clean and maintain than a regular bed. its my daily driver but im not doing a whole lot of heavy hauling or work with it. plus my bed is completely straight and i might as well sell it to someone who's gonna get some good use out of it.

#16 ·
I second that but the third one is nice also don't like the 2nd one though

#18 ·
i saw one coming home from a wheelin trip in the pine barrens and another in north jersey the other night both metal loooks really good

#20 ·
i just cant make up my mind. lol. ive never seen a lifted ram short box with a flatbed and i dont know how this would look if i made it for my ram?

#21 ·
See I don't think of those as flat beds I think of like a pre runner bed. When you first said flat bed I was thinking why take off a good bed unless it is rusted out or your a farmer to put on a flat bed. But now I see the pics and think they are not bad looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.