DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend Me Some Shoes

3K views 50 replies 21 participants last post by  racer21 
#1 ·
Since I got a 'new' set of stock 17" steel rims and am painting them black, I'm gonna need a new set of shoes for the Sport Beast.

Now, I don't know what happened but the price of tires has skyrocketed. So I need a recomendation of some good mud or A/T (like Maxxis Bighorns, NOT BFG A/Ts) tires that aren't 1000 dollars a set. I'm sure there are some 'off' brands that are as good or close to name brands that are cheaper (or maybe not). I bought my Maxxis Buckshots because they were 600 bucks a set compared to BFG Mud Terrains at 800 to 900 and the Maxxis Mudders are a darn good tire. Unfortunately, they're no longer cheap like they were. :(

I'm looking preferably for a 285/70/R17 size or standard similar (33X10.5R17?).

Thanks in advance!!!! :dtrocks:

#43 ·
they were only $215 each in 35s and that included mount and balance at CarQuest

#44 ·
http://www.hankooktire.ca/product/tire_light_truck_detail.asp?pid=12
These are the next tires Im ordering. A buddy of mine that has destroyed every set of tires on his truck has had no issues with these. And he is the type that if you dont break something during wheeling you didnt wheel hard enough. As hard as he is on them the tires still look brand new and do great in anything he puts them in. He payed a lil over 200 a tire for a 315/70 18 Im just going with a 285/75 16 so they were like 175 at my local peerless tire.

#45 ·
#46 ·
Think I found 'em, guys!

:thatfunny

#48 ·
You could try a set of goodyear authority a/t's.I had a set of bf goodrich all terrains on my truck but didn't want to pay the almost 800.00 for two.I ended up buying a set of the goodyears at wal-mart 165.00 each,10 ply,so far so good.We got heavy snow and ice,high winds last week plowed through some 3 foot drifts no problems,decent on the icy highway as well.

#50 ·
Im not sure if you can get ahold of Capitol tires. Im running a 285/75/16 Capitol ATR (Tread looks like the old Geolander AT).

I got my whole set mounted and balanced for $650 brand new. IM not sure if they have a 17" avail but this is a recomended tire. But its not aggresive enough for my and im going to bite the bullet and just go for Interco SSR's.

#51 ·
Morparman2k2
How long did it take to ship those tires, and how do you like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.