666 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  94Ram4x4toy 
#1 ·
So this is what 7" and 40lbs of spring steel looks like!! :D :rck: :rck: :rck:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
that looks like a constant rate spring.

#5 ·
my 2" lift springs had 9 wraps around. the oe had 7. on the lift spring, at the bottom 3 wraps, they were closer together. in theory the coil will colaps and become harder to compress, on a variable rate. on a constant rate, the wraps will all practically come together at the same time, at like 20 ton! your springs may be constant rate and just a softer tension. just a diff design.

#6 ·
when i push down on them they barely move, and im a big boy. but i get what you're saying. my short box is going to bounce around like its going out of style, but we'll see. now just gotta get control arms made, pitman arm is coming in tomorrow, and rear leafs.

#7 ·
sounds good so far. stay away from over 2" of rear block. dont want to wrap up the leaves! smokey burnout! :drivingz:

#8 ·
smokey burnout? no im not a fan of blocks, but a small one might need to be used. and im putting ladder bars on the rear for wrap.

#9 ·
watching truck u, & i souldnt! it gives me ideas. the guy remans the leaf bolts to slide as the ladder bar cycles through its travel. will the leaf and the ladder bind eachother?

#11 ·
well i mean further inside the axle and mount further up the frame. so no the ladder bars and leaf packs shouldn't bind on each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.