DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Plow

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Bluedually4x4 
#1 ·
Im thinking about putting a snow plow on my 98 Ram 2500 V10 4x4. wat wear and tear am i looking at, i want to upgrade the parts that are most prone to wear and tear from the plow.

#2 ·
The front suspension is what takes the most abuse. I've had a snow plow on my 2500 since it was bought brand new in 1996. I'm still on the original suspension and front end components and there's no problems yet.

Most of the worry and breakdown you hear about is people putting a plow on a half ton truck.

#3 ·
wat about steering components do they take a beating or are they gonna be fine?

#4 ·
EVERYTHING up front takes a beating with a plow... thats too much added weight hanging out there not too. But, with having a Dana60 up front you will be much better off than the half ton folks.

My dad had a plow on his 2000 half ton for the 6 years he had it. Replacing the front axle joints, ball joints, and wheel bearings was pretty much on the yearly maintenance schedule. We also replaced steering links and the track bar quite often. Although his was a half ton with MUCH smaller components, you should still plan on added wear to these parts on yours.

#5 ·
thats the info im looking for thank you.

#6 ·
It will be fine on the 2500 v10 most all of the v10 parts are the same as the diesel stuff it will wear faster but that's only common sense.

#8 ·
put it on and don't worry about it, fix it as it wears
You got it!! All we use are 2cd gen. Dodges where I plow. They are awesome plow trucks. It would help a lot to add a bunch of weight to the ass end of the truck as well. But ball joints are probably whats gonna wear out first.

#9 ·
who needs ball joints anyway

#10 ·
They make kingpin conversion kits lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.