DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can speedometer be recalibrated?

715 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  dubram2004 
#1 ·
We've got an 06 Megacab with 315 70 17's. Can the speedometer be recalibrated at the dealer? They did our 04 but they say it's different forthe newer trucks. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I was once told that a vehicle with abs brakes cannot be recalibrated? Is this true? I'm running 305 70 17s right now.

#3 ·
#4 ·
The 06/07s are different. I know they can't calibrate them the same as the 02-05s. I was told they only have set sizes that can be calibrated, but I really don't know.

KB

#8 ·
megabadcummins said:
No, its not a Hemi, it's a cummins diesel. I wonder if any of you guys know what the set sizes they can do are? This is driving me CRAZY!!!
opps ... my bad! OK, here's the link to the SC Diesel Turner.

http://www.superchips.com/products....822&pname=98-07+Dodge+Ram+Diesel+&+Gas+Trucks

I believe I would ask the Diesel Forum what they think of the SC tuner before you drop the heavy coin on a turner. The Diesel forum may have a better advice for you in this matter.

:dtrocks:

#9 ·
kingofwylietx said:
I called my local dealership and told them I have a megacab. The guy said they charge $90 to recal the speedo. I didn't tell them cummins or hemi. They said no prob.

bunch of b.s. just to let you guys know it takes all of 15 minutes to do this, and that is pulling the truck in, recalibrating it and pulling it out. That is the going rate though... They basically just go in with the scanner and there are preset tire sizes that the vehicle could have come with( ex: 245/70/17 or 265/70/17 or 275/60/20 and they actually have the tirebrand next to the sizes when you recalibrate. it is as simple as pushing enter on the tire size, and letting it program(3 minutes) and your done.

#10 ·
I think that's why we call them stealership!

#11 ·
Look for a tech that might want to make some extra lunch money and he could do it on their lunch break. Drove it in thru the back and not the service garage and 5 minutes later it was done. Going rate around here is $25. Got mine done this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.