pics of 2wd w/ 5-6" lift on 33's needed... - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

post #21 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 12:21 AM
krs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
schawks73,

Just read that you will be using your 20" rims so you might just be cool at a 6" lift.

2002 Ram 4.7L 2wd Sold

Performance: 4.56 Gears, H/O Cams, 2008 Intake Manifold, 70mm TB, 4" Custom MIT Tube, Gibson SS Headers, ATI Pulley, SCT Tuned by FlyinRyan,2.5" Custom Y-Pipe With Magnaflow High Flow Cat and Muffler (12580) SI/DO Turn Down After Axel, Jeep Grand Cherokee TCM,

Suspension 4" CST Spindles, 1" Body Lift, 2" Lift Shackles, Doetsch Shocks

Others Srt-10 Pillar With Tranny Gauge, 16 Row Tranny Cooler, Color Matched Grill Shell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
schawks73
Very Niiiice! :)

(Thread Starter)
Ya i talked to slammed one and i told him that i would be getting a 3" body lift and 35" tires and he said that i would need a 6" lift to clear them, but i dont know if it was him or the guy that was also helping me, but somehow i ended up settling on a 2.5" coil spacer (maybe because of my budget restrictions?) with the 3" body lift which should give me a solid 5.5" lift and JUST enough to clear the 35's, if not then off goes the air dam...

I will also be purchasing this from Slammed1, so whatever i do i know it will not only be quality parts, but it will also come from a quality seller

What is the difference (price) between the 2.5" coil SPACERS and the 3" coil springs? and if you are planning to get rid of them... are you planning on selling them? since you bought them from him, MAYBE i could buy them from you which will give you an incentive to but your added lift from HIM which in turn he would actully sell you more than if i just bought my stuff and you stayed the same...

anyways, like i told him im gonna try and save up some money and try and get this thing done (meaning new rims/tires/lift/shocks/install) in late march, since itll be a bigass birthday present for myself

anyways, let me know about what your plans are for your coil springs you have now and what is the normal price difference between the coil SPRINGS and SPACERS and any pros/cons you know of...

Thanks alot for your input/advice man!

-David

SOLD

2005 1500 Quad Cab 287ci (4.7L) Flame Red 2wd SLT

*EXTERIOR* Mods - Chrome Bull Bar // 2x Hella 500's in Bull Bar w/ 8000k HIDs, 4x Hella 500's in "Behind the grill light bar" w/ 150w Hella bulbs // Foglights (w/ 3500k HIDs) // Cleared Headlights (w/ 8000k HIDs) // eBay Fender Flares (painted to match) // Billit grill inserts // Chrome covers on side mirrors and door/tailgate handles // Stubby antenna // SS Ramhead 3rd breaklight cover // 2.5" Daystar Coil Spacers //275/60/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ// 20" Chrome Helo Maxx 6's // Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks
*PERFORMANCE* Mods - AIRRAM Intake // JET STREAM scoop // Powerwire // Magnaflow SI/DO (45* behind wheels) // Auburn LSD // Motive 4.56's // Gibson shorties
*INTERIOR* Mods - Red/Black Platic Ram floor mats // DEI Window Modules // Audiovox Presteige Alarm system w/ mini Viper horn (under dash)
*NOISE* Mods - Kong 4 horn Train horn kit from Siege Engineering // Hot box w/ 10" Alpine Type R // Sony 750w sub Amp // Alpine CDA-9885 H/U // Crunch PZi 175.4 // COGA PA system // Lanzar OPTITW 1" titanium tweeters (in dash) // Rewired all door speakers with 14g wire // Soundwave 6.5" Midrange Door Speakers (all 4 doors)
post #23 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 01:19 AM
krs

Sorry man, Slammed1 put his name on the 3" coils, I also bought them before I ever joined dt and new about him. But I think the price difference between the two is like 20 or 30 dollars just double check me on that. The only problem I know about is one does not work well with the other BTW do you know what happened to his sponsor thread? I wanted to check the price on coils he sells for you but I dont seen his thread.

2002 Ram 4.7L 2wd Sold

Performance: 4.56 Gears, H/O Cams, 2008 Intake Manifold, 70mm TB, 4" Custom MIT Tube, Gibson SS Headers, ATI Pulley, SCT Tuned by FlyinRyan,2.5" Custom Y-Pipe With Magnaflow High Flow Cat and Muffler (12580) SI/DO Turn Down After Axel, Jeep Grand Cherokee TCM,

Others Srt-10 Pillar With Tranny Gauge, 16 Row Tranny Cooler, Color Matched Grill Shell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 01:24 AM
slammed1

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to slammed1
Im working with my local guy warehouse to better serve your 2wd lift needs.

email me for info when needed
post #25 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 01:27 AM
krs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1
Im working with my local guy warehouse to better serve your 2wd lift needs.

email me for info when needed
Gotcha..

2002 Ram 4.7L 2wd Sold

post #26 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
schawks73

(Thread Starter)
sounds good brian, ill look you up in about a month

-David

SOLD

*EXTERIOR* Mods - Chrome Bull Bar // 2x Hella 500's in Bull Bar w/ 8000k HIDs, 4x Hella 500's in "Behind the grill light bar" w/ 150w Hella bulbs // Foglights (w/ 3500k HIDs) // Cleared Headlights (w/ 8000k HIDs) // eBay Fender Flares (painted to match) // Billit grill inserts // Chrome covers on side mirrors and door/tailgate handles // Stubby antenna // SS Ramhead 3rd breaklight cover // 2.5" Daystar Coil Spacers //275/60/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ// 20" Chrome Helo Maxx 6's // Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks
*PERFORMANCE* Mods - AIRRAM Intake // JET STREAM scoop // Powerwire // Magnaflow SI/DO (45* behind wheels) // Auburn LSD // Motive 4.56's // Gibson shorties
*INTERIOR* Mods - Red/Black Platic Ram floor mats // DEI Window Modules // Audiovox Presteige Alarm system w/ mini Viper horn (under dash)
*NOISE* Mods - Kong 4 horn Train horn kit from Siege Engineering // Hot box w/ 10" Alpine Type R // Sony 750w sub Amp // Alpine CDA-9885 H/U // Crunch PZi 175.4 // COGA PA system // Lanzar OPTITW 1" titanium tweeters (in dash) // Rewired all door speakers with 14g wire // Soundwave 6.5" Midrange Door Speakers (all 4 doors)
post #27 of 33 Old 02-05-2007, 04:08 PM
slammed1

I have some real good stuff Im working on so hopefully it pans out for all of us.
post #28 of 33 Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
pccharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by schawks73
Hey bro... remember its 513 for the INSTALL ONLY! you have to drop another 350+ for LSD and ~200 for the gears and install kit...

I see you live in Palm Coast, so you are actually the opposite direction on where you wanna go... i got them done in orlando, and its a GOOD 2 hour drive from where you are at. But if you are still interested, seeing that they have worked on SEVERAL 3g rams at gear install, here is their information

Advance Driveline
5512 Carder Road
Orlando, Florida 32810
(407) 299-1100

You can mapquest it, or if you want some directions from someone who LIVES near there and has driven there several times, i would PM charles (eatsleepdrivesc) and he can give you more information on directions.

BTW the install itself looks like it came to 385+tax, BUT i guess i didnt have the bearings so they charged me another 100bux for the Bearings... honostly i dont even know what a bearing is BUT if you were to buy them and bring them you could definatly get them alot cheaper...

if you need anything else, just let me know

-David

Thanks for the 411 David. That sounds like a good price for the install. Mapquest says 1hr 15min so I figure 1hr 30min tops. I want to go with 35's but only if I get the gears done.

One more question- Where did you buy your gears and install kit?
post #29 of 33 Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
schawks73

(Thread Starter)
I actually got it from the group buy we did her a while back... got the gears and kit shipped for 150bux, but normally you are looking to pay about 180 for them... i got the Motive gears... i do notice they have a bit of a whine at about 40-60mph when your slightly depressing the pedal... but it doesnt bother me at all... i normally have the radio up anyways

The group by was from a place called National Drivetrain Inc. 800-507-GEAR (4327)

but i have noticed some of our sponsers with them now, i would also check them too... but id check the ND first and see if the sponser can beat it... just a thought

and depending on how many miles you have on the truck, would determine if you need a MINI or MASTER install kit... i think MINI is for <20,000 miles and MASTER is >20,000

-David

SOLD

post #30 of 33 Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 PM
bimrancher
texas hemi

Send a message via AIM to bimrancher
i guess the price in florida is kinda expensive for gear install , I am in southeast texas and the shop i am getting mine done at is only $300 for the install and thats all they do is gears.
post #31 of 33 Old 02-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Sport98
PROJECT SRT-345

Brian,

Don't get me wrong, I am definatley not doubting you. But if stock tires on a 2wd Ram are nearly 33" why would you need 5-6" of lift just to fit 2 more inches of tire? I was under the impression that I would get just a 2.5" spacer, slap some 35 meats on it and call i a day... No?

Jason

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Lonestar Edition
post #32 of 33 Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
slammed1

I know 33" are stock.

I also know that not all trucks are alike even side by side.

I did have 34.5 tires on mine and almost could kiss the lower air damn lower corner with my tires,almost.
I did have 10" wide rims that contributed to that and I know if a narrower rim was used that there may not have been so close of a clearance issue.
I sold my wheels and tires to a 4x4 guy with torsion bars cranked 2" and they rubbed on him on the air dam and the wheel well at his feet where as they never rubbed on mine.

I never like very close tolerances on tire to body clearance whether its on my 2wd slammed to the ground or my 2wd lifted sky high.

Ask yourself.......
Would I want to rub at all if the chassis flexes because I dont have enough lift or just have enough to clear in a straight line without ever hitting a bump.
There are no perfect driveways,roads,or anything out there where you could be able to have a real tight clearnace with your tires to body and still realistically never rub.......lifted or lowered applies to both.

It is a sin to admit you rub,just look at the sport ttruck forums and 4x4 forums,you wil hardly ever see anyone admit to rubbing even though their sig says that their combos should rub or hit from time to time because someone somewhere knows they have tried the same combo and it didnt work.

What I rcommend isnt set in stone and I am not the last word,I just have dropped and lifted enough trucks to know what you "should" be looking for as far as clearances are concerned.

Would you rather have 2.5 spacers with 35's that you have to remove your air dam and never tweak your suspension to never rub OR would you rather have the suspension offer enough clearance for your tire and wheel combo?? YOur choice NOT mine.

I have sold and installed 5.5 lift frts to numerous guys with stock wheels and 35's who had stated no rubbing,but all of them I have sent just 2.5 spacers to who tried to clear 35's,different story.
post #33 of 33 Old 02-07-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
schawks73

(Thread Starter)
You make a very good point brian, thanks for clearifying that.

This might be considered an "off topic" question, but can anyone explain the difference between a BODY lift and a SUSPENSION lift, and what the LIFT does in terms of tire clearence.

I personally would rather be safe than sorry, so im gonna try and go with an additional 3" spring coils (or coil springs) along with my 3" BODY lift, which is a combo that is recommended by many people on many sites (since i already have the 3" body in my room awaiting install), to make sure i have enough clearence to not only put on the 35's BUT also be able to jump a curb or 2 if needed

Thanks for all your help everyone, this site has helped me tremendously!!!

-David

SOLD

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in